Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I’ve deciding that my TPI engine is running lean…mostly by the slight miss at idle, plugs had white film on them and smoke that is burning to my eyes.

Not all the plugs had a white film, just maybe three-four

What would I need to do to correct it? I’m not getting any codes, timing is set correctly, all ignition components are new, oxygen sensor is new, and knock sensor is new.

Could a vacuum issue cause this?

Also I have stock 5.7 liter Corvette injectors that I thought were 22lb, I was told corvette injectors were 24lb stock and f-body was 22lb…..but the site I got my chip from said the 24lb was a misconception that ALL 5.7 TPI injectors were in fact 22lb stock.

Having said that I told the chip programmer that my injectors were 22lb……if they do happen to be 24lb would that make an effect on the lean condition of my engine?

Could someone clear this up for me? I really need help on fixing my problems…..it ran better with the carburetor….and my wife is getting ready to kill me with the money I spent on TPI and the fact that we can’t even drive the car now!

·
Registered
914 Posts
You have so many custom and different parts trying to work together I would have to say this problem will drive most people insane!.........If this was my car I would put the carb back on and enjoy life again. I am not a fan of OBD1 systems. They are slow and can cause problems that would make the POPE CUSS!! good luck:thumbsup:

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You have so many custom and different parts trying to work together I would have to say this problem will drive most people insane!.........If this was my car I would put the carb back on and enjoy life again. I am not a fan of OBD1 systems. They are slow and can cause problems that would make the POPE CUSS!! good luck:thumbsup:

It's def driving me insane....but after spending close to 2k and I am this close I need to make it work :D

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a question, since there is a difference in 5.0 and 5.7 TPI injectors…is there a difference in the stock fuel pressure regulators?

Edit: 85 used a 30lb regulator and 86 - up used a 38lb regulator

Thanks again

1 - 4 of 4 Posts