Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone a proponent of any fuel system / engine cleaning products? Due to my new job while simultaneously commuting to EMT school I am about to hit the 50,000 mile mark on my 2000 Coupe. :lookinup: I was unhappy at first, however 50K ain't bad for a 2000, and also tis God-sent machine was meant to be driven.

Having said that, today I will change my oil...I am substituting a quart of oil with Lucas Oil Stabilizer. I am also interested in an engine/fuel system product.....Any ideas?

·
Registered
65 Posts
I am by no means an expert in this area, but I use BG44k. I researched a few products a while back when I was looking, and BG44k seemed to get all good reviews. Bought some, worked like a charm. I'll be using it again in the future. :thumbsup:

Link

·
Registered
108 Posts
I don't add anything to the oil, i have from time to time added
RedLine fuel treatment, thats it.:)

·
Registered
120 Posts
I use a bottle of techron fuel treatment once per season ...Hope to drive at least K per season. Gotta keep creating places to drive:laughing: No parking lots is kinda my credo. People are morons and no consideration with those d*mn shopping carts..........

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
With an '04 and 14K miles on it, I haven't used any fuel system cleaners. Hadn't really thought about. I do use name brand fuels tho. BP tends to hype how clean their fuels are, and I tend to fill up with them since they are just down the street.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
With an '04 and 14K miles on it, I haven't used any fuel system cleaners. Hadn't really thought about. I do use name brand fuels tho. BP tends to hype how clean their fuels are, and I tend to fill up with them since they are just down the street.
Well, I was a Chevron man for years, until I noticed that Shell seemed to clean the fuel system better. I had a proble with weak starts and that problem left as soon as I began using Shell.....prior to I had changed the fuel filter, tried NOS, and Lucas fuel additives on a regular basis (ran them with every tank...) and the weak starts didn't cease until I began using Shell...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts