Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The weekend after next im entering a corvette show(trying to at least) having never entered a car show before, what should i do to the 'vette to get it ready??

I plan on only leaving the hood open, and i do plan on cleaning up the engine bay(have been slowly) but what else?

Thanks,Jeff.

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
I think all you can do is clean and shine everything you can. If the upholstery has serious problem areas, some people put objects or covers over them to keep them from standing out. Good luck! That Granbury show is a nice one. I would be there, but will be driving back from vacation.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea, my interior isnt that nice, the drivers seat needs to be recovered, so im probably going to just leave the windows up and the doors closed.

·
Premium Member
13,918 Posts
:agree: with Tex! Shine, shine, shine and above all just have fun at the show.:thumbsup:

I never enter these car shows expecting to win anything, it's just fun to hang with other car guys (or uh car people.);)

:cheers:

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Im not planning on winning anything either, just going because there arent that many c4's around here. I know of 2, and i know one of the guys. You definatley wont see another 84' around here.

·
Premium Member
13,918 Posts
Im not planning on winning anything either, just going because there arent that many c4's around here. I know of 2, and i know one of the guys. You definatley wont see another 84' around here.
The C4's are one of my favorite styles of Vette's, if not the #1 favorite. Just have fun cleaning her up and enjoy the show.:D:thumbsup:

Take some pictures for us too.;)

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Your paint needs to be Gleeming * * * *

If you have any tears in that seat, cut some thin strips of electrical tape and conceal them alittle bit

Till you can buy a seat cover

Or you could just have a seat cover overnighted to your address

I won 1st place at a local car with my last car

I built the motor and then had the car painted

A trippy Colbalt blue, people used to ask me about the color alot

The car got alot of attention

But it was time to move on :nuts:

Just go there and have fun

I walk around talking to people and asking them about their cars

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
The C4's are one of my favorite styles of Vette's, if not the #1 favorite. Just have fun cleaning her up and enjoy the show.:D:thumbsup:

Take some pictures for us too.;)
I thought you said my car was your favorite car :laughing:

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
I go to shows but never enter my car. I don't really care if anyone else likes it I built it for me. Just go and have fun and enjoy some cool cars

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
I go to shows but never enter my car. I don't really care if anyone else likes it I built it for me. Just go and have fun and enjoy some cool cars

I would bet that if you entered your Vette
you would do well. People just love to look, and
that draws the judges.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
The weekend after next im entering a corvette show(trying to at least) having never entered a car show before, what should i do to the 'vette to get it ready??
I plan on only leaving the hood open, and i do plan on cleaning up the engine bay(have been slowly) but what else?
Thanks,Jeff.
Clean it up real good and when you get there, wipe it
down with some liquid clean and shine to get the road dust off. The fans love every car.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
162 Posts
Don't forget to take a folding chair, box of clean up stuff (towels, rags, wax, glass cleaner etc.) small ice chest w/ bottled water and sunscreen. Have fun! :thumbsup:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts