Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Monday, May 16, 2011 | 5:08 p.m.

Nevada got a partial waiver from the health care law - a significant development that Democrats are dismissing as par for the course and Republicans are claiming as a political victory.

The Health and Human Services Department announced late Friday that Nevada had secured a statewide waiver from certain implementation requirements of the Obama administration's health care law, because forcing them through, the department found, "may lead to the destabilization of the individual market."

The announcement makes Nevada one of only three states to have compliance requirements under the health care bill waived.

Nevada's Insurance Division had appealed to the feds to reduce the federal requirement that health plans serving people who buy insurance on their own must spend at least 80 percent of the money they collect on medical expenses. Under the national rule, companies that don't spend that percentage of revenue on medical costs have to cut policyholders rebate checks starting this year.

Read more: http://nation.foxnews.com/obamacare...-nevada-scores-obamacare-waiver#ixzz1MlAwGibH

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LMFAO !!! Nice...

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
Interesting the Republicans claim this as a victory. The 'pubs were bellowing how they were going to repeal the Healthcare Bill but have done little or nothing to fulfill that promise but, now claim victory for someone else's effort:laughing::laughing:

I think the voters should change out incumbants for new blood on a wholesale basis. The currently elected 'pubs and 'dems have proven they are failures at running the country.

Time for a change:partyon::partyon::partyon:

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
Interesting the Republicans claim this as a victory. The 'pubs were bellowing how they were going to repeal the Healthcare Bill but have done little or nothing to fulfill that promise but, now claim victory for someone else's effort:laughing::laughing:

I think the voters should change out incumbants for new blood on a wholesale basis. The currently elected 'pubs and 'dems have proven they are failures at running the country.

Time for a change:partyon::partyon::partyon:
:agree:

Time for a real, third party to nutcheck these statist fkrs..

·
Registered
25,253 Posts

Time for a real, third party to nutcheck these statist fkrs..
Great idea! Hand over all power permanently to the Democrats. That's what a third party would do because the third party isn't coming out of the Democratic Party. Didn't we learn that lesson in '92? The epitaph of the Republican Party will be "Here lies the party that was divided and conquered."

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
So what did Nevada give Pelosi?

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
Great idea! Hand over all power permanently to the Democrats. That's what a third party would do because the third party isn't coming out of the Democratic Party. Didn't we learn that lesson in '92? The epitaph of the Republican Party will be "Here lies the party that was divided and conquered."
48 million people on food stamps. 22% real unemployment. 56% of people receiving some form of government check. 46% of people not paying taxes. 100% of the GOP leadership, getting bitch slapped on a regular basis by this president.

The last GOP regime got us in 2 endless wars, expanded government in a way not seen since the previous 8 year run of Reagen, created the DHS, left the border wide open, gave tax breaks to the last people who need one, and produced one of the largest entitlement expansions in history.

Now, you are worried that they might become irrelevant? Well, to anyone awake, they already are irrelevant. They have no message, no plan, no subsance and no style. They have about 11 months to fix their ****..

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Pelosi's pals got 20% of the latest version of Waiver-Me.
They got the waiver due to a law in San Francisco. But thats not important. If Pelosi pulled some strings to get her constituants the waiver as you are implying then certainly the only way Nevada got a waiver was to give Pelosi something. So what did she get?

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
48 million people on food stamps. 22% real unemployment. 56% of people receiving some form of government check. 46% of people not paying taxes. 100% of the GOP leadership, getting bitch slapped on a regular basis by this president.

The last GOP regime got us in 2 endless wars, expanded government in a way not seen since the previous 8 year run of Reagen, created the DHS, left the border wide open, gave tax breaks to the last people who need one, and produced one of the largest entitlement expansions in history.

Now, you are worried that they might become irrelevant? Well, to anyone awake, they already are irrelevant. They have no message, no plan, no subsance and no style. They have about 11 months to fix their ****..
So your answer is to divide them into two smaller groups that each can garner roughly 25% of the vote? I'm no rocket scientist, but if the goal is to evenually have some impact for good in this country, dividing the only party we can possibly support does not seem like the solution. The Republican Party is a large party with many factions. That means it's members can't be in 100% agreement all the time. And THAT means compromise and a willingness to accept part of our agenda at any time is necessary. It feels really good to just dismiss the moderates and talk of separating from them. But to do so would be disaster for all conservatives and this country.

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
They got the waiver due to a law in San Francisco. But thats not important. If Pelosi pulled some strings to get her constituants the waiver as you are implying then certainly the only way Nevada got a waiver was to give Pelosi something. So what did she get?
I think the point is that the Reid-Pelosi axis was responsible for ramming this atrocity down our throats, and yet they have received an outsized number of waivers from the very program they forced on the rest of us. That doesn't strike you as a little hypocritical?

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
So your answer is to divide them into two smaller groups that each can garner roughly 25% of the vote? I'm no rocket scientist, but if the goal is to evenually have some impact for good in this country, dividing the only party we can possibly support does not seem like the solution. The Republican Party is a large party with many factions. That means it's members can't be in 100% agreement all the time. And THAT means compromise and a willingness to accept part of our agenda at any time is necessary. It feels really good to just dismiss the moderates and talk of separating from them. But to do so would be disaster for all conservatives and this country.
Well Tex, I think your getting left behind. The GOP has spent their last 40 years portraying themselves as the alternative, getting elected and doing the same thing they are "alternative to". They offered up Nixon, we seen how that worked out. They offered up Ford, we seen how that worked out, Bush 1, Bob Dole, Bush 2, McCain.. now if you want to tak Reagen, how about Amnesty, Deficits, Government expansion. (Damn, sounds more like what you guys cricify Barry for :laughing:)

See the pattern? With the GOP it isn't about "compromise and a willingness to accept part of our agenda" it's about sacrificing your principles everytime. The GOP hasn't seriously put up a conservative candidate in well over 40 years. I think it's time they quit giving us excuses and turkeys.

And if they don't, so be it.

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
I think the point is that the Reid-Pelosi axis was responsible for ramming this atrocity down our throats, and yet they have received an outsized number of waivers from the very program they forced on the rest of us. That doesn't strike you as a little hypocritical?
Do you realize what provisions were waived? Hint: It wasnt the mandate.

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
IDK about you, but if I am going to have a dick shoved down my throat in the name of equality, I want to see the same dick in yours.

No Waivers, for NOBODY.

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
Do you realize what provisions were waived? Hint: It wasnt the mandate.
I fail to see the point. It doesn't matter what provision is being waived. The point is that these two pushed the bill through over the objections of more than 50% of the populace, and then immediately begged to have provisions waived for their constituents. I think that pretty much says it all.

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
IDK about you, but if I am going to have a dick shoved down my throat in the name of equality, I want to see the same dick in yours.

No Waivers, for NOBODY.
I fail to see the point. It doesn't matter what provision is being waived. The point is that these two pushed the bill through over the objections of more than 50% of the populace, and then immediately begged to have provisions waived for their constituents. I think that pretty much says it all.
Health and Human Services determined it had to “provide the opportunity for plans with low ‘medical loss ratios’ to adjust their business models to reach 80 percent” with the reduced, 75 percent mandate for the rest of 2011 — that being the average medical loss ratio that the state’s top 10 insurers currently post.
The waiver allows Nevada insurance companies to spend 75% of premiums (their current rate) instead of the 80% requirement for the remainder of 2011. In other words Nevada will have no waiver January 1, 2012. Why are you guys making this such a huge deal?

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
The waiver allows Nevada insurance companies to spend 75% of premiums (their current rate) instead of the 80% requirement for the remainder of 2011. In other words Nevada will have no waiver January 1, 2012. Why are you guys making this such a huge deal?
Well, this mess was created in the name of equlity, and it's not very damn equal if person A gets a waiver, and persons b,c,d,e don't.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts