·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
And just who is going to turn their O2 Simms back in...Duh!:rolling:

·
Premium Member
7,092 Posts
That sucks......

#1. I don't have the funds to buy the new exhaust system I want.

#2. By the time the funds are there I won't be able to find any O2 Sims.

:WTF :spanked:

·
DC Crew
53,220 Posts
I bought O2 sims from them for my GS.

Anyway, as long as a car passes emissions, they shouldn't give a ****. My car burns clearner than any dump truck or other piece-of-**** vehicle out there WITH cats.

Also, people may buy these for emissions-exempt vehicles such as non-street-legal pure race cars.

:rolleyes:

Next thing you'll know it will be illegal to even talk about it.

·
Premium Member
7,092 Posts
I would only buy them IF Michigan reinstates emissions testing again. Years ago it use to be for any car/truck 5-19 years old.....Anything newer or older was exempt, BUT there's been talk of bringing it back with the years being 5-25 or 5-30. If that happens then I won't be getting quite the exhaust I want.

·
Premium Member
3,766 Posts
You know, I'm as big a tree hugger as anyone you will ever meet, but forcing a company to recall a product that was LEGALLY sold by simply inventing new legislation is rediculous. The product was not in violation of the Clean Air Act since it was marketed for "Off-Road Use Only." Virtually all our vendors could be sent into bankrupcy if this sort of action continues. Motorsport is a microscopic portion of the pollution/fuel consumption problem. When I see endless lines of traffic going into large cities, that is a problem. When I see 50 year old power plants operating under the same regulations they did when constructed, making countless millions for their owners, I see a problem (heh, I worked for one of those power companies). When I see corporations (automotive and otherwise) snuff out new clean technologies in the interest of preserving their current industry (instead of being proactive and innovative), I see a problem.
Ok, off my soap box. When did I get so off topic?

·
Registered
587 Posts
if you screw with the feds DO NOT advertise in public as they have people just checking for things like this. this company would have been better off just selling the plans to build your own item.

·
Registered
3,963 Posts

1 - 8 of 8 Posts