Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I made the mistake of taking my car to a local carwash and ordered the wheelbrite package. Well, I don't know what they sprayed on the wheels but the hats on my brakes got bleeched and looked like crap. Today I repainted them with a high heat flat black stove paint. Take a look at the brefore and after. With some polish and tire dressing my wheels look sweet again.

BEFORE:

AFTER CLEAN UP

MONEY SHOT:

·
Registered
720 Posts
You took your car through an atomatic car wash? :thud: :smack
Shame, shame! :devil:

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes i admit it. i do take my car through a brushless car wash by my house. they really do a good job as long as you don't get the wheelbrite. i think they changed formulas after i showed them what happened. the owner is a good guy he even added a 3/4" metal plate the entire length of the track so lower cars like the vette can go there. sometimes i just can't get myself up to hand washing it. i wax the car often so it still looks nice.
wheelbrite anyone???:smack

·
Registered
196 Posts
mine did the same thing, but with some rust treatment I had put on the rotors.
left discoloration on the black hats.
Im going to powder coat mine, I think, this week.
Trying to remove the factory anodized dye and the only stuff that will touch it is Easy Off oven cleaner!

Did you prep yours any special way?

·
Registered
76 Posts
JEEZ......I'll NEVER take my vert thru one....

I even hand washed it last weekend with broken and bruised ribs........damn dirt bike.....well it wasn't the dirt bike's fault...it was the tree's:spanked:

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
mine did the same thing, but with some rust treatment I had put on the rotors.
left discoloration on the black hats.
Im going to powder coat mine, I think, this week.
Trying to remove the factory enamel paint and the only stuff that will touch it is Easy Off oven cleaner!

Did you prep yours any special way?
WELL, SINCE I DIDN'T CARE ABOUT MORE DISCOLORATION I JUST HIT THEM WITH BRAKE CLEANER AND GAVE THEM A LIGHT SANDING TO ROUGH THINGS UP A BIT.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Drano and water in a bucket will also remove the anodized finish on the hats

·
Registered
196 Posts
Anyone know the torque specs for the Baer Eradispeed 2 piece rotors?
(Ive powdercoated the hats and am going to re assemble them this week)

Thanks
Rain

·
Registered
4 Posts
Anyone know the torque specs for the Baer Eradispeed 2 piece rotors?
(Ive powdercoated the hats and am going to re assemble them this week)

Thanks
Rain
You might be looking for answers for almost 3 years :smack I just wanna share what i know for future reference.
I only knew few details about it these include the 13" Front Baer EradiSpeed cross drilled and slotted rotors as well as the 12" Rear Baer EradiSpeed cross drilled and slotted rotors. Also included is the High Temperature brake fluid. That is the only basic spec that i know

1 - 10 of 10 Posts