Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well got the lenses from PFYC.com and decided to endeavor into the installation as I heard that it wasn't all that tough so here we go.....

Tools needed:
#15 Torx bit w/driver
Diagonal/wire cutters
Electrical tape
small zip ties

I started by removing all of the stock lenses and inspecting the wiring harness and sockets. Following that, I test fitted the new housings and everything looked good, so I installed the new harness. I zip tied the new harness for the euro lenses to the stock harness. I ran them down to the under/passenger side of the car where the stock harness plugs in. From there I spliced in using the supplied connectors for the harness from PFYC. No cutting is neccessary. Once everything was connected, I began the reverse of the removal. I plugged all of the new amber lamps in and installed them into the new housings.

I then proceeded to the driver side footwell area and disassembled the cover by gently pulling on the cover that is fastened to the dash with plastic plugs. Everything came down without event and I located the 3 wire connector that is in line with the brake pedal. There are 3 wires coming from the connector (1) blue, (1) orange, (1) white. I cut the white wire and used the electrical tape to make sure there was no false connection possible. Following that I zip tied the wires away to clean it up. I closed everything up and checked the lights....EVERYTHING WORKS!!!!

My impressions:
Installation-Very straight forward. Difficulty level: 2 out of 10.

Fit- GM parts, so they fit just about as good as can be expected. 10 out of 10.

Finish- Again, a GM part, so it's just like stock. 10 out of 10.

Function- Functions exactly as it's supposed to. Great mod IMO. 10 out of 10.

Looks- Now this is where it counts! I give this a 10 out of 10, as it's exactly the look I was going for. Subtle, stock looking, but no doubt different from the stockers. 10 out of 10 here!

Value- This one is tricky. I am 100% satisfied with the installation and the parts, but it's expensive at $211.40 shipped to Hawaii. I would rate value a 7 out of 10.

Would I do it again? Hell yeah! Was it worth it for ME? Hell yeah. Is it for everyone? Nope......this mod is for the enthusiast that's looking for one more way to set this car apart from the "crowd". Pics to follow.......

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
looks very nice,i only like the clear also,weres your saftey check?

·
Registered
4,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hawaii-5-lo said:
looks very nice,i only like the clear also,weres your saftey check?
Thanks Todd. The safety check is tucked up between the exhaust....you can see it in some of the pics.;)

There's going to be an NSR cruise this weekend Sunday at 2:00PM at Kakaako Beach Park if you can make it, let me know.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
EFI-1 said:
There's going to be an NSR cruise this weekend Sunday at 2:00PM at Kakaako Beach Park if you can make it, let me know.:thumbsup: [/B]
Interesting,I will let you know friday.We had to adjust the holiday schedule at work because one guy had to get surgery on both his arms.As you might know,theres only six of us that work in the plant,24 / 7.I always try to get sundays off.Your going to have have lots of time with the "Z" this weekend,good times.Hope the weather stays just like it is today.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
Hey Dave,
Was wondering if your cruise is open to other guest's,or a club only event?.Theres a new member on this forum that would probably want to meet you guys,he has a red C5,and Kalani (hawaiian punch) would probably go.
I will let you know friday,thats when the schedule at work is final.I will most likely be there.Thanks for the offer.
Should i bring a donation or any thing for the event?
Are you running out of mod money yet?:laughing: I noticed your waiting for the rims before you post any full pictures.;)

·
Registered
4,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
hawaii-5-lo said:
Hey Dave,
Was wondering if your cruise is open to other guest's,or a club only event?.Theres a new member on this forum that would probably want to meet you guys,he has a red C5,and Kalani (hawaiian punch) would probably go.
I will let you know friday,thats when the schedule at work is final.I will most likely be there.Thanks for the offer.
Should i bring a donation or any thing for the event?
Are you running out of mod money yet?:laughing: I noticed your waiting for the rims before you post any full pictures.;)
LOL, very observative....I know you guys have seen enough stock Z06 pics here already. I gotta post something worthwhile! I've decided to sell the stock wheels and tires though so let me know if you know of any potential buyers. I'll name a price shortly.

In regards to the cruise....It's the Lokahi Tree cruise. It's not sponsored or organized by EFI Unlimited, but I promote it because it's for a good cause. We will be just one of many car clubs there. Feel free to come & invite whoever you want. I'd pack a toy just to be safe.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
Cool..

I sent "Dirty Red" a PM,he's new to the islands.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts