Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I'm a 2001 C5 owner from London, UK. The car is super mint, with only about 15 or 16k miles on it and a thick history file. Its only ever been driven on nice days, and kept in a garage. I might be moving to LA in the future, and I was wondering if you guys think it would be worthwhile shipping it with me...?

Its a Euro spec (ie the factory built them to conform to Euro standards - ie it has the fog lights on the rear bumper, sidelights near front fog lamps, the glass headlamp lenses, and front and rear towing eyes/hooks). You can check for pictures of the subtle differences at www.chrisgrahamcorvettes.co.uk
All the Euro specs had the sports memory seats, dual zone air con, etc.

Do you guys think it would be easier for me to sell this in the US, since its a European edition? Would I be able to ask a little more than an equivalent American car?

If I ship it with me, it will cost a lot. First of all, my car is probably worth about $35,000-40,000 here in UK (after converting to dollars). The equivalent car in the US, I think I should be able to find one for about $28,000-30,000. (But mine will have been much better looked after). Ontop of that, shipping my car will cost about $2,000 and I'm not sure how much paperwork would be involved, and whether I would have to convert my lights to US standards...

Oh, and it has an SLP Loudmouth and K&N filter....

So what do you guys and gals think?

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
Personally I would sell it. Then Buy one over here.Your vette sounds very nice,but I think you would have a hard time getting 30,000 over here for it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Sell it there if the market for those cars is strong and you can get what it is worth.

The market in the states can be weak due to plenty of inventory available.

When you get to the states, you can get another one pretty cheaply.

How long are you going to be here? If only for a couple of years, store your current car, buy one that is a "driver" for while you are here. Drive it for a couple of years and sell it when you are ready to leave. You will then have a pristine Vette at home waiting for you when you return.

Rad

1 - 3 of 3 Posts