Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
DC Crew
53,226 Posts
I hear ya bud. I retired from concept cars a few months ago.

We'll all see the car in just less than 2 months.

I am still kinda wondering about that headlight. Why release a cropped pic of a headlight? If you are going to give things away... why not show the rest of the pic?

:huh:

·
DC Crew
3,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Patrick96LT4 said:
I hear ya bud. I retired from concept cars a few months ago.

We'll all see the car in just less than 2 months.

I am still kinda wondering about that headlight. Why release a cropped pic of a headlight? If you are going to give things away... why not show the rest of the pic?

:huh:
Pat, I keep telling myself that I'm going to stop doing the concept stuff, but then I'll see something like the headlight which gets me going again. For the last one, I tried to get as photorealistic as I was capable of, and I learned a bit about how the lense flare command works. If I do another one, I'm going to continue to explore that feature.

As far as the cropped headlight is concerned, we don't know the context in which it was originally shown. But, I'll bet Cowger was showing a powerpoint presentation (or similar), describing various details of the car. Someone just "happened" to get this photo. Later, my friend. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
393 Posts
I tellya why.
It's advertising. Actually the GM is perfectly aware that this picture would hit the mags and all. Otherwise they wouldn't even show it. It's like give a dog a taste, and he it will wait the bone.

In this case, a lot of renderings, sketches etc appeared, and people got a little tired of waiting not knowing anything for sure.
And some might even had gone for other products, such a Viper, and so on.
So, GM organised a party, they gave a hint, and we keep longing for the bone. That's it.
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
95 Posts
I think GM is just easing us into the car. If they didn't show us a single real picture or any hint to any detail of the car, we would all sit there in January and decide whether we like it or not on the spot (even though we would probably get use to it anyway). Its smart for GM to put some of these "spy shots" out there, so that they can make little adjustments here and there to satisfy public opinion. I believe that this car is done, no more changes will be made and its time now for us corvette enthusiasts to be "eased" in to this remodel. I do agree that GM has put enough excitement into there newest edition... Its time for the unveiling!!

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Im finding it hard to Draw new concepts. The front of those cars are so Heavily Padded You have to guess where to draw the lines. And i suck at that. Just Looking at that headlight pic pisses me off. Theres lines in that headlight pic that arnt on the spy pics. Argh. This stuff is so adicting you just cant stop. I draw for an hour get pissed save and get out of it. 30 mins later I think i know what i can do. Its a crazy cycle.

Brian plz do a chop of the front of a test car. I need to see some one with skill do it. I would ask pat but hes in retirement.:laughing: No rush.

Another thing I find funny is this. I went over to CF today and i got a reminder of why i left. Someone posted on the headlight subject, They said some thing like "Dave Hill really screwed up this car, He was suppose to be making a radically new corvette and hes made a pile of crap." People just seem to bitch and moun about everything over there. They make stupid coments about a car they have never seen.

Keep up the good work Brian, You amazed me with that orange Chop. You really have that realisim thing down. Looks like a real car.

Cheers

:cheers:

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts