Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
DC Crew
20,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've seen engines like Ford diesels and Toyota inline 6 turbos go into Vettes, but have you ever installed, or wanted, something completely different in your Vette?

I'm not talking about more cubes or forced induction.... I mean like a Mopar HEMI, high revving rotary, exotic or full electric motor...

So what would it be?

·
Banned
7,823 Posts
I'm thinking of a turbine from a Chinook!

anyone putting a rice cooker ina vette needs to have the car taken away

·
Registered
163 Posts
I've seen Gen II (426) Hemi's in kit Cobras but don't recall seeing one in a Corvette. That engine is VERY wide so packaging would be a challenge.

·
Banned
7,823 Posts
the w16 engine from a vector would be interesting

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
I have two I'd like to do, one would just be bad ass the other would be for the fun of it and to watch peoples faces when you open the hood.

1) Buick Grand National Turbo V-6
2) Old school flat head V-8

·
Banned
7,823 Posts
I have two I'd like to do, one would just be bad ass the other would be for the fun of it and to watch peoples faces when you open the hood.

1) Buick Grand National Turbo V-6
2) Old school flat head V-8
a ford in a chevy? blasphemy!

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,545 Posts
I thought seriously about putting a Ford in a Vette but then my treatment plan was completed and I was declared mentally competent :rolling:

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Naw, I would keep the car all chevy,

But,If I was going to do anything out of the norm.

I would throw a 572ci chevy crate motor in my C5 with a Demon 6pak supplying the juice :nuts:

That would make for a nice clean N/A build without all the electronics

It would also clean the engine bay up Alot !

·
Registered
872 Posts
When electric motors become viable I would do that. Just think 100% torque at all rpm no constant weight change from a gas tank and virtually no maintenance. Only if it would were cost effective to charge/run.

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
A Duramax turbo... if you could get it shortened enough. They are tall.

·
DC Crew
3,080 Posts
I HAD A 1957 CORVETTE AND PUT A 1962 "409" 409 IN IT TIGHT FIT BUT RAN REALLY GOOD *

funny thing about this car I met someone 45 years later >that was talking about a big block C1 corvette that hung out at a drive in near chicago called SKIPS I said I had one and he did the story that he ran my car and lost but a block [ leaving this drive in we had a 1/4 run on the main street from this one street light to the 4 th one ]

NOW ***
A friend of mine has a 1972 corvette with a BUICK GRAND NATIONAL TURBO V6 in it runs in the 10s at the strip thy always kick him off the track since he does not have a roll bar in it :devil:

·
Banned
7,823 Posts

·
Registered
5,467 Posts
I found a numbers matching 63 4-speed with sidepipes that I picked up for cheap. My dream is to install a Toyota Supra engine in it with a huge turbo!

BLK 1 :buhbye:

·
Premium Member
3,766 Posts
We had a line on a C3 with no engine when we built the electric dragster in college, but had to settle for an old S10 pickup. The pickup would run mid-12's...

Always thought a turbine car like the old Chrysler concepts would have been cool. We didn't have the budget for a car like that.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts