Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
some surface cracking is considered normal. If the crack goes through, that's another consideration. But in answer, I've never had it happen.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I've had Baer Eradispeed drilled & slotted rotors on my vette for 2 1/2 years and I race hard ... no warpage here .. but I was very careful to "break them in " properly .. I've heard of two guys that had cracks .. neither had "seasoned" their new rotors properly ..

:buhbye: :buhbye:

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm a bit late to this conversation, but could someone explain the proper procedure to "season" new rotors? I've heard of the term before, but do not know of the process and what is involved. Thanks. :huh:

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,667 Posts
dont you have to change the breah fluid to a gel(dot 5)brake fluid with the slotted ones?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Kramer:
To season new rotors you follow the directions that come with the set of rotors that you select (they have different instructions for diffierent types & brands) , but generally it is taking your new rotors through a series of fast & slow stops in order to heat & cool the rotors - some brands start slow & move to faster ie go 30 mph & stop hard .. go 50 mph & stop hard etc. and some brands start fast ie go 75 mph & stop fast , go 60 mph & stop fast ... etc.
It is a very important step that a lot of people do not do properly & thus ... warped rotors ...
Hope this helps.

:buhbye: :) :excited:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thank you for that clarification, it does indeed help. :thumbsup:

·
DC Crew
53,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Don&Kelly said:
Kramer:
To season new rotors you follow the directions that come with the set of rotors that you select (they have different instructions for diffierent types & brands) , but generally it is taking your new rotors through a series of fast & slow stops in order to heat & cool the rotors - some brands start slow & move to faster ie go 30 mph & stop hard .. go 50 mph & stop hard etc. and some brands start fast ie go 75 mph & stop fast , go 60 mph & stop fast ... etc.
It is a very important step that a lot of people do not do properly & thus ... warped rotors ...
Hope this helps.

:buhbye: :) :excited:
Great info! Thanks!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
336 Posts
I have put some pretty good cracks in stock rotors on a couple of different cars.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts