Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
i think 16s were the standard wheel,the anniversary car had the 17s,then in 89 they all had the 17s.i think....:stick:

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
:excited: my memory is not totally shot.:stick: yet....

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
a guy down the street has those on his 94 caprice conversion, it looks like an impala and vette calipars!

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
hawaii-5-lo said:
i think 16s were the standard wheel,the anniversary car had the 17s,then in 89 they all had the 17s.i think....:stick:

My 88 came with 17's, its not an anniversary edition. :huh:

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
maybe you checked the option and didn't realize it.?are you the original owner.?Maybe you got a free upgrade..the black book says the 17s also came with the heavy duty suspension,not available for verts.Which still makes it an option.your lucky Bob,those 16s are hideous...:laughing:

·
Registered
321 Posts
Someone correct me if I'm wrong here, but if the car pictured is stock, wouldn't it be an early 87?

I thought for coups only the early 87s had the wind deflectors on the outside mirrors.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
an old friend came by with one one time after going to atlantic city in it. it was a rental. God the things He did to that car!!!

Looks weird. I like the 17's better.

·
Banned
591 Posts
never seen those b4:huh:

·
DC Crew
53,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well, for them being the standard wheel, and for the 17"s to be optional, there sure aren't many 16" out there at all.

·
Official Forklift Driver
7,068 Posts
...and I think that's the case Patrick. I still can't find it but I remember reading somewhere that the 17" wheels out sold the 16" by a WIDE margin. If I run across that info I will post it here.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
maybe they fiqured if the 16 are so ugly,everyone would spend the extra cash to upgrade,i'll be damn,it worked:laughing:

·
Registered
194 Posts
There is an red '88 in my town (pop. 20,000) with those wheels. The guy who owns it works with my girlfriend's dad.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts