Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,909 Posts
The one dude with the rubber gloves must be taking a break from his diswashing job.

:laughing:

·
Registered
471 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Sure

catbert said:
Have they made one that will take the torque of an American V/8?:crazy:
I think that if they can get the transmision to work in their LMP1 cars they should be ok in a V8. That being said, these trannies are not being put into the Lambos so it is probably very expensive to have the DSG handle so much power (at a reasonable cost). Whe Lambos start coming with DSGs you know they will have perfected the tranny for the sports car market.

·
Banned
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't think its overly expensive to make the tranny hold the power.

Its a question of having one with the hp and tq capacity available..for 500 hp..

JMO its not a question of if but rather when...all the worlds best sports cars use DSG..

·
Registered
466 Posts
catbert said:
Have they made one that will take the torque of an American V/8?:crazy:
The Bugatti Veyron has a 7 speed DSG, so I would say yes to the torque and horsepower question. And yes to all who asked: The DSG, which is Audi's twin clutch manual/automatic is the best overall transmission I have ever driven. I drove a TT 3.2 with DSG and it is clearly superior to the F1 transmission used in Ferrari. I base that on spending an afternoon driving a friends F575 and F430, both with the F1. I should point out that the F1 gets improvements yearly (according to Ferrari) and the F1 in the 430 (2005) was smoother shifting and less jerky (esp. at low parking lot speeds) than the 575 (2003).

Jimmy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts