Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
DC Crew
53,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was running an errand in the DC Z with Hincapie yesterday.

I was just tooling along in the DC Z at the speed limit and I see in the rear view mirror a ricer in a silver Honda rapidly snaking through traffic to catch up to me.

It was a 6 lane road, he comes flying up my left... well... to do a fly by. He had to have been doing 30mph faster than me, but the second he was at my side mirror I threw the DC Z from 5th to 2nd and put my foot to the floor.

The sound volume was outrageous, needless to say he was reading my license plate pretty quick as the car simply unloaded and launched like it was injected with liquid cocaine.

Anyway, this guy was a GREAT sport, he changed lanes over to the far right lane, came up on the passenger side and was a totally cool dude, all thumbs up and smiles with a "THAT WAS ****ING KICK ASS!!!" look on his face.

I smiled and wave back to the guy. It was a good time, seems he really just wanted me to stand on it and knew he didn't stand a chance.

So, I showed off. :D

·
Registered
351 Posts
It's times like this I wish 'video' was more readily available! I'd love to have been in the passenger seat when you dropped it from 5th to 2nd!

Glad to know that when he had his a-s-s handed to him...he was a good sport! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
19,914 Posts

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
:thumbsup:

·
Only green will do...
18,391 Posts
lets make it law anytime there is a race you must take video :D

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Good to hear the DC-Z has not been retired to track use only Patrick. It still has some "Schooling" left to do on the streets...:laughing:

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
BTW - too bad you didn't get the other ricer's phone number as you could have set up a race between the two. :rolling:

·
DC Crew
53,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Good to hear the DC-Z has not been retired to track use only Patrick. It still has some "Schooling" left to do on the streets...:laughing:
I really, really, really try to avoid it. You can hear the DC Z 3 miles away.... not a good idea to stab the throttle too much around town unless you want the government to deploy the National Guard.:laughing:

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Nice! Wish I was in the passenger seat when this happened...would've loved to have been there. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
7,232 Posts
Nice! Wish I was in the passenger seat when this happened...would've loved to have been there. :thumbsup:
it was pretty crazy, yes :smack especially becuase i was caught completely off guard :lookinup:

·
DC Crew
2,988 Posts
it was pretty crazy, yes :smack especially becuase i was caught completely off guard :lookinup:
Good thing you weren't eating ice cream:laughing:

·
Registered
6,097 Posts
I was gonna say, didn't that ricer hear you? I sure wouldn't fool with a vette that loud. Oh well nice kill, and glad the ANG*(Air/Army National Guard) didn't wipe you out! BTW I wish my car sounded as bad-ass as the DC-Z.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
He probably didn't hear the DC Z, as his fartcan was probably louder? :laughing: Seriously though, EVERY single Civic I've seen in 24 days in the USA (came home yesterday:D) had a friggin' fart can:crazy:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts