Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When installing the Borla Stinger Cat-Back on my Vette, my roommate and I decided to make three stages of videos to show the progress... he stuck them on YouTube, quality isn't that great, but gives a good impression of the change:

First Video: Stock Exhaust

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0a8kn9hWd7I

Second Video: Exhaust Removed rear of the Catalytic Converters, No midpipe or mufflers (This sounds nice)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_Rckn-kerk

Third Video: The culmination, Borla Stinger successfully installed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yTjkpAa_BU

Enjoy,

Mike:thumbsup:

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
:( nobody likes my videos

·
Registered
379 Posts
AFAMACK07, I like your videos, I thought they were cool and the sound coming out of those Stingers is outstanding. I just hope you weren't choking on smoke with the open headers! Maybe you could post a video clip later on of you driving the car so we can hear it on the road. Cool post!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
347 Posts
Hell yeah, now i know which exhaust i'm getting!:partyon:

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hell yeah, now i know which exhaust i'm getting!:partyon:
Yeah, I was having the hardest time choosing... but then I heard a sound clip of the Borla and was sold... it is a perfect combination of muscle car sound with a no-drone cruising note

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The sound of the open headers was Ungodly... everyone in the shop (about 12 people) all stopped what they were doing to check out what was going on. The sound quality on the video sucks since they were taken with a normal digital camera, but the entire building shook when we revved it up.

By the way, Sinister, sweet vid you posted the other day on how to get a good launch... I'm definitely going to try that as soon as the weather in Denver clears up

·
Caution: Car melts in Rain
4,151 Posts
glad you liked the launch videos. with the open header movie you can tell its super loud and ballsy because the mic on the camera couldnt pick it up. im actually plannin to run cutouts. i dont daily drive my car, but sometime ill take people for a ride and want to hold a convo while driving around town. stingers are by far the best sounding exhaust ever. i just hope that with cutouts i will have a similar sound.

oh btw if you ever decide to get long tube headers can you put up another video?

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
155 Posts
Haha, "Very Nice!" Good sounding exhaust. Did you do that install at the auto hobby shop on base? Did you get those PMs I sent you?

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey Luke,

Yeah, that was on base... what a great resource! that was my roommate bein' a tard on the camera, haha. I got the PM's, sorry I've been slow to respond, everything was really hectic with graduation and then I was in Vegas for a week. Got the Myspace friend request also. You getting all geared up to head in?

Mike

·
Registered
155 Posts
I totally understand about bein busy. We have a lot of friends that are going through the same thing right now, one guy we know found out a week before graduation he was approved for UPT; talk about hectic. But yeah im excited/nervous/more excited to head in. I think I have exhausted all my resources for tips/recommendations for basic, trying to hear something new or different on how to handle it, but I keep hearing the same overarching themes of have fun, don't stand out, don't take anything personally, and have more fun. We'll see how that goes. I wish I had another month or so though. I ordered new cylinder heads and a pretty nasty cam and I think i'm cuttin it close as far as getting everything in and running before the 28th. My dad and I are going to try and make it up to the carburator shop in denver to get on the dyno and get it tuned up too. I really wanted to do something big with the vette before I head out and thats going to be it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts