Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i've got an 82 plane jane not the special edition, i pulled the crossfire fuel injection out and replaced it with an edlebrock carb.....got rid of the whole egr mess and now i'm ready to revamp the exhaust...but i REALLY wanna go straight pipe dual....any ideas on how to get around that crossmember i've seen on late 70's models there are actually two holes in the crossmember but no such luck for the 82......also...did i mess up ditching the crossfire and going carbuerated...let me know what you think

·
Registered
697 Posts
serialkiller said:
hey i've got an 82 plane jane not the special edition, i pulled the crossfire fuel injection out and replaced it with an edlebrock carb.....got rid of the whole egr mess and now i'm ready to revamp the exhaust...but i REALLY wanna go straight pipe dual....any ideas on how to get around that crossmember i've seen on late 70's models there are actually two holes in the crossmember but no such luck for the 82......also...did i mess up ditching the crossfire and going carbuerated...let me know what you think
All the newer vettes use an x-pipe...The "x" actally helps with hp... can you locate the "x" in your original cross member slot? You'd have to do a little custom work to get the x in the right spot...but I think it would work. Otherwise your next route is to go side pipes!! Yea!

Carb or EFI is really your preference on what you want. I like the carb because I think it just makes the engine sound beafy when the butterfies open wide up on it when you jump on the gas... just my opinion.

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
I think the answer is....................SIDEPIPES..........SO COOL:partyon:

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Is your car an automatic? I think all 82s were auto from the factory. The cross-member on earlier sharks with the auto were bolt-ins. Is your cross-member bolted in? You might be able to swap it with one from an early auto shark that has the holes for the exhaust pipes. There might be an issue with the tranny mount. Don't know.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Mid America sells a dual exh set up.Check their catalouge or online for pics, it looks like the pipes run together & no need for a different trans mount.Kind of pricey tho > $300.00

1 - 8 of 8 Posts