Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Callaway intake with Kooks 1 3/4 headers and Kooks Catt'd X pipe.
Installed the Corsa Pacecar Pro 3.5 exhaust and the car sounds amazing and nasty.

I have noticed now though on easing off the gas or in between shift shifts when clutching and
changing gears on the car it seems to pop alot on the exhaust.
Also noted that if give it the gas and rev to 3k and then coast back down in gear the car will
almost backfire.

Is that popping or almost backfiring normal with the Corsa Sports and or does the fact that the car
has not been tuned yet cause the PCM to run the car richer then normal that is causing this?

Will a dyno tune effect the sound output of the car on the exhaust?

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
sometimes back firing is caused by fresh air firing off unburnt fuel in exhaust,one way to check is to have someone put a rag on one tail pipe while you check all connections at idle. is your A.I.R. system hooked up

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes everything is hooked up properly.
I figured it was because of the car needing to be tuned in.

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,518 Posts
That is very common. It is even more noticeable without an X-pipe. It is there even with a completely stock exhaust but you can't tell because it is quiet. I personally like the sound. It is reminiscent of the 60's muscle.

·
Registered
58 Posts
That is very common. It is even more noticeable without an X-pipe. It is there even with a completely stock exhaust but you can't tell because it is quiet. I personally like the sound. It is reminiscent of the 60's muscle.
I agree....I often turn off the stereo just to listen to the exhaust playin' the tunes. :cheers: Very common with LT headers, Random Technologies x-pipe and Borla stingers on my ride. I LOVE IT.:D

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well hope to have the car dyno tuned or at least buy a Diablo Predator for programming it in the next week so
will let you know if it changes at all. Anyways am starting to get used to it now.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
This is on topic sort of. I don't have the Vette side of it to tell you about, but I have a Corsa catback on my Silverado and it does the same thing. When coasting down hills it will cackle a lot, and as another member mentioned, usually at that point in time I just turn the radio off and enjoy the music with the windows down. Mine will also "pop" when getting back on the gas at times after this cackling. To my knowledge this is all normal characterstics of operation for the Corsa Sports.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the info.
Some have told me that it will be reduced with a dyno tune but I am getting
used to it now anyways after a weekend of driving.

·
Registered
155 Posts
My '98 also has the backfire syndrome... I too Love it.. Great Sound ...

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
sometimes back firing is caused by fresh air firing off unburnt fuel in exhaust,one way to check is to have someone put a rag on one tail pipe while you check all connections at idle. is your A.I.R. system hooked up
I did a scan on the car today and noticed that my drivers side Check Valve
was giving me a error P01415. Looks like the easy one to look at, might be
sticking? Thanks for the help.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts