Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fellow DigiVetters! I am currently bringing my '87 Chevrolet Pickup up to date with a variety of upgrades... such as my latest additions of a '95 350 crate motor and a brand new 700R4 tranny...

Now, I plan on redoing my exhaust as another effort to making my truck all that it can be! So, fellow DigiVetters.... what type of combo do you think I should go for...

Currently my truck is running on the stock catalytic converter and no muffler... she sounds good right now but I'm looking for something a little more aggressive... I was planning on a more free flowing converter (dual) and then lead true dual exhaust to the rear... I think that this would be nice but would like to hear your opinions...

Thanks DigiVetters!

·
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well.... so much for asking that question.... I guess no one really cares... Oh well.... thanks for reading it at the least...

I feel so loved... let me tell you... lol.... :D

·
DC Pit Crew
11,957 Posts
ZvetteGuy said:
Well.... so much for asking that question.... I guess no one really cares... Oh well.... thanks for reading it at the least...

I feel so loved... let me tell you... lol.... :D
you gotta give people some time to see the thread...

and your best bet after you figure out what headers or manifolds you are going to use is to go to an exhaust shop and have them bend something up for the truck you probably won't be able to find something off the shelf for your setup

·
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your encouragement... but, my underlying question may be this...

What kind of power differences will I be looking at if I go with mufflers (say FlowMaster American Thunders) in comparison to just straight back from the catalytic converter?

Also, what do you all think is a good set up? I'll try to wait a little more patiently for a response.... :)

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
I used to own a 76 1 ton truck with a 454 what I did was headman headers then straight pipes about 7' long to turbo mufflers. Now granted this was a work truck so performance wasn't on the top of the list but it sounded great.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts