Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this has been discussed before, but I got tired of searching. what type of exhaust for my c5. I will need to replace original and would like to be able to talk in the car while cruising and hear the exhaust when picking up speed only. Just something to give it a little more angry sound. The stock was quiet no rumble.

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
I like B&B'z

The BillyBoat Exhaust

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
I know this has been discussed before, but I got tired of searching. what type of exhaust for my c5. I will need to replace original and would like to be able to talk in the car while cruising and hear the exhaust when picking up speed only. Just something to give it a little more angry sound. The stock was quiet no rumble.
Corsas are good. Bullets can get obnoxiously loud(some people like that) I personally am running Corsas with LG Long tube headers and the car is very civilized at idle and cruising speed(at 75 my Michelin Pilot A/Ss are louder), and it screams when you wind it up. I know some peole with Magnaflows and they really like them too.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I love my Corsa Pace Car. No drone at highway speed but barks when when you get on it.

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
I run Corsa Sport exhaust. Nice sound at idle,quiet on cruise, as loaud as any exhaust ay WOT.

Click below to listen

:cheers:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Try this!

I just had my Chevy dealer install a Chevy CCR Perfomance exhaust. Cost me $1650. installed! Very low rumble at idle but has a nice growl when you kick it. No "drone" at hwy speeds so you can still hear the music inside the car. Mine is a convertable so I can really hear it. The other option is to put a "mild to wild" kit in so you can control when you want it to bark!
I listened to the Borlas and the Corsas and they are just too loud!!

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
I just had my Chevy dealer install a Chevy CCR Perfomance exhaust. Cost me $1650. installed! Very low rumble at idle but has a nice growl when you kick it. No "drone" at hwy speeds so you can still hear the music inside the car. Mine is a convertable so I can really hear it. The other option is to put a "mild to wild" kit in so you can control when you want it to bark!
I listened to the Borlas and the Corsas and they are just too loud!!
C5 = no NPP Exhaust = No mild to wild switch

·
Registered
7 Posts
as what i read in one reply on the yahoo answers, i see that the stock cat-back on a c5 is not terribly restrictive, so a horsepower increase is negligible on any aftermarket system, you maybe can use a 5-8 h.p. at the wheel. but try to find a good aftermarket store. good day.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts