Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ive been thinking about a new exhaust for a while now (tired of wondering if my car is even on when im next to my freinds cars) and have come up with almost everything that i want. my car has factory style side pipes and i want to get rid if the old mufflers that are in now and replace it with 2.5 or 3 inch tubing. i wanted to stay away from glass packs, but that seems like my only choice as i want all of this to fit under the stock covers. i would love to get the hooker set up with the STS baffles, but i dont have that kind of cash laying around. so anyone who has had experience with different types of glasspacks i would like to hear what you think about them.
thanks- Chris

the bottom one shows what should fit under the covers (top)

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,516 Posts
I don't have any experience with C3 exhaust but have some from street rodding. Instead of glass pack you might look into supertraps. They are adjustable for loudness but adding or reducing disks

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i need it to be inline so i can weld a factory-looking tip on it

·
Registered
202 Posts
Wow! I just installed factory side pipes and I'm surprised how loud they are! Click this link to see my install. I put them on because I wanted something quieter than the Flowmaster 40s that I had. They don't resonate like the Flowmasters but they are still quite loud. I got mine from Allen's; do different manufacturers side pipes sound different?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Check out these pipes on Ebay. Seller says they are "factory original" but they look like some pipes that were fabricated from some glasspacks. Looks like what you are looking for.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i guess different manufacturers do sound different because mine are very quiet. maybe loud to others but im young so i like it loud. the main thing that i dont like is how restrictive it is. going from a 3" collecter to a 1 7/8" pipe to really old and rusty mufflers.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
1 - 8 of 8 Posts