1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
43,027 Posts
The bidding closed on this at $169.95 with the reserve being met

·
Registered
7 Posts
This particular Exoto model is a pre-produciton version according to Exoto.com.

Their web site has shown this as a pre-order for some 18 months indcating that the release date is "third quarter", but the factory hasn't released it into production. There have been about 5 of these sold on eBay by someone associated with the company.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yep, its nuts alright.

If you're patient and do your homework, you can find Exoto production models for a good price. One seller told me it cost him $118, so if you find one on eBay for less, its a good bargian.

Another suggestion for Exoto models is to get on the Exoto mailing list through their web site. They e-mail coupons or send noticies when there are sales or new model releases. Most of the sales are for $50 under the listed price.

As for the model that started this thread, I have a pre-order from last May at a reduced price because of an offer Exoto made at the time. If it wasn't for my pre-order, I would have had to "bite the bullet" and buy one of those recently on eBay for $169.

What frustrates me is the lack of accurate, updated information on release dates on the Exoto site. They seldom respond to e-mails, but will answer their 1-800 number, and when they do respond they say they are at the mercy at the manufacturer.

If you really want to get frustrated, look at their model RLG19020. It's a two tone Grand Sport coupe without livery, that is already been retired. Retired my foot. It's never been released to my knowledge. It just showed up on their site one day.

Good thing I've got other hobbies

·
DC Crew
3,723 Posts
I have the #80 version of this model, issued a few years back. If any of you guys DO decide to spend the money, you won't be dissappointed. The quality is second to none! :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Wll hang in there.

Here's the latest from Exoto....per their 12/10/03 eNews.

"Exoto has reached an agreement with a promotional agency to sell the remaining stock of Exoto Corvette Grand Sport Coupes and Corvette Grand Sport Roadsters. On Monday, December 15th, all remaining inventory will be gone!"

Not sure what this means, but maybe some of their prices will come down on their older stock of Grand Sports.

At the same time their eNews was released, they offered one of their newer models, Item: RLG18025 which is the 1964 GS from the 12 Hours of Sebring raced by Delmo Johnson. Although there was a discount available for all GS from Exoto, this was the exception for, you guessed it, $169.95. The following day it was "out of stock.":huh:

Sigh. What a racket.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts