Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My C/6 is rapidly approching the 12,000 mile mark and i have an extended warrenty.The warrenty is not G.M,but mercury and i have been hearing horror stories about after market extended warrenties,any one care to comment.

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
I have always used GMPP and I have never been disappointed.

I do not know about Mercury.

:cheers:

·
Registered
740 Posts
My C/6 is rapidly approching the 12,000 mile mark and i have an extended warrenty.The warrenty is not G.M,but mercury and i have been hearing horror stories about after market extended warrenties,any one care to comment.
I had a Mercury Extended Warranty on a 2002 MB SLK320 I owned. They were PITA's to deal with. Both the MB Dealership, and my local Euro Mechanic hated to deal with them. Car sat in Dealership for 4 days once before an "adjuster" made it in to "verify" the claim. On top of that, their claim process is so tedious, if one thing is missed, the risk of having the claim denied is very high. Also, they are documentation freaks (not necessarily a bad thing). If the policy state you need to track your maintenance, you better do so, or they will deny you (per dealership).

·
Registered
345 Posts
Can’t understand why anyone buys an extended warranty ..
when ALL research experts (Consumer’s Union and others)
say that - “overall” - they are a poor deal.

I suppose that if a fella has a hard time accumulating savings
and an extended warranty situation came up, he would say
how great they are. (These are the ones we hear about.)

But, those who understand investment and present cash values
quickly see what a poor deal Supplemental warranties are.

To some, buying an extended warranty might be likened to a
forced savings account”.. as per some insurance policies.

Big Jimm

1 - 6 of 6 Posts