Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to purchase an extended warranty for my '02. It has about 15 months left on the manufacturers warranty. I have several questions that I would appreciate input on.

1. Is the approx. $1000 worth the investment to extend the warranty for 2 years?

2. What warranty service would you recommend?

3. What is the best deal out there?

Thanks!

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
I can't answewr if it is worth it or not, I do know that when I checked for a GMPP for my son's 00 coupe this was the best place to deal with

GM Protection Plans:
[email protected]
Albert Bummer 406-628-4618 Ext 105

they are in Montana and advertise over at CF, if you do talk to them suggest they spend some ad $$ here!

I just realized the guy's name...what a bummer to have Bummer as a last name!

·
Registered
98 Posts
StockTrader said:
I am looking to purchase an extended warranty for my '02. It has about 15 months left on the manufacturers warranty. I have several questions that I would appreciate input on.

1. Is the approx. $1000 worth the investment to extend the warranty for 2 years?

2. What warranty service would you recommend?

3. What is the best deal out there?

Thanks!
I did some homework and two days before the factory warranty expired on my '01, I bought 4 year/60k mile warranty with o deductible from Warranty Direct.
Honored at dealerships, but you can go anywhere with it.

They got great reviews from lots of C5 owners, and the cost is very reasonable.

Check 'em out!

http://www.warrantydirect.com

Good luck,

Pedro

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
I bought extended warranty as the origanal was running out,it's good until 75,000 miles,but my car is only about 4 inchs off the ground,so they obviously won't warranty any suspension parts.But if the door pods,or computers crap out,i'm good.Had the car for two years and only had to buy a new battery (two weeks ago),and a connector for IAT,i broke that by accident.
I will not knock on wood as thats a bunch of bull.....:thumbsup:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Before you make a decision take a look at 1 Source. You can see their plans at www.1sourceautowarranty.com. I had their warranty on my 99 and they were great. And you own a C5 the warranty is a sound investment.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I would be carefull of any after market insurance except for GM. Warranty Gold who claimed to be the biggest on the internet just went broke last week. I bought a non factory warranty on a Jag xj6 back in the 80's and that company went broke. No recourse or refund.

Be careful!!!!

Dennis

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
CARSON BLUE said:
I would be carefull of any after market insurance except for GM. Warranty Gold who claimed to be the biggest on the internet just went broke last week. I bought a non factory warranty on a Jag xj6 back in the 80's and that company went broke. No recourse or refund.

Be careful!!!!

Dennis
The Aftermarket warranty companies are dropping like flies!!!The factory extended warranty is the best BY FAR!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Bought a used 2000 C5 and one week later the control module for the windows on both the drivers side and passenger side went out - about $800.00 worth ... so I am almost even just fixing the windows. . .
Highly recommended - imagine replacing the heads up display . . .
Bill

·
Registered
66 Posts
I got an extended warranty for about the same numbers you posted as I feel it's cheap insurance. Doesn't take long to roll up a grand worth of work on a Corvette

Best place.....Ken Fictner (sp?) Chevrolet Dealer in Wyoming. Talk to Albert Bummer.

Best plan....General Motors Protection Plan.

·
Registered
27 Posts
The only one that Iwould go with is G.M. The rest of them are the kind of people you generally place in the " used car salesman " catagory. Ken Fightner at Fightner Chevrolet in Montana is where I and most of us found the absolute best price. Additionally,NO SALES TAX in Montana !

·
Registered
10 Posts
Extended Warrany Cost

I got mine from another dealer, where I bought my car, for $100 over dealer cost. I just bought a 2004 vert and got the 72K/60Mo/$200D for $760. I have an email with some other prices if anyone wants more specifics.
:cheers:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts