Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, does anyone know where I might be able to find pics of some c3's with spoilers on them that DO NOT have the upward curve near the edge of the bumper. In other words, does anyone know of pictures or a place to buy a spoiler that is basically flat/tapers off a sides of the bumper. I'm looking to buy a spoiler but if I can't find one that doesn't look "70's/muscle car"-ish, then I plan to just make my own out of fiberglass.

*I've seen C3's with the front spoiler I'm talking about over the years at the Carlisle Corvette show in PA, I've just always neglected to ask the owners where they got them.**

Next, has anyone ever seen a c3 with one of these ZR-1 bumpers and does anyone know of a picture of one installed on a car? (the bumper is on the lower half of the page here: http://www.tracyvette.com/fiberglassc3b.html )

Finally, do the newer "flexible-fiberglass" bumpers really help all that much with alignment issues? I bought my c3 wrecked in the front and after months of fiberglass work repaired it to the point of onlookers being none the wiser. But on *very* close inspection you can tell the bumper isn't fit perfectly along the passanger side. Any chance a new bumper might fix this?

·
DC Crew
12,250 Posts
First, does anyone know where I might be able to find pics of some c3's with spoilers on them that DO NOT have the upward curve near the edge of the bumper. In other words, does anyone know of pictures or a place to buy a spoiler that is basically flat/tapers off a sides of the bumper. I'm looking to buy a spoiler but if I can't find one that doesn't look "70's/muscle car"-ish, then I plan to just make my own out of fiberglass.

*I've seen C3's with the front spoiler I'm talking about over the years at the Carlisle Corvette show in PA, I've just always neglected to ask the owners where they got them.**

Next, has anyone ever seen a c3 with one of these ZR-1 bumpers and does anyone know of a picture of one installed on a car? (the bumper is on the lower half of the page here: http://www.tracyvette.com/fiberglassc3b.html )

Finally, do the newer "flexible-fiberglass" bumpers really help all that much with alignment issues? I bought my c3 wrecked in the front and after months of fiberglass work repaired it to the point of onlookers being none the wiser. But on *very* close inspection you can tell the bumper isn't fit perfectly along the passanger side. Any chance a new bumper might fix this?

In my opinion the glass bumpers make a huge difference. The fit and finish is always good. I have run both over the last 25+ years and would never go back to rubber. The only downside is you have to do a lot of "fitting" to make them fit right. It is just elbow grease work. The result is well worth the effort. The other down side is that they are not as forgiving in a light accident, but they are repairable where the rubber ones were not.

As far as your "spoilers" I don't have a clue! :laughing:

Hope it helps! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
Take a look at www.fgreggracing.com for the front spoiler. If that's not what you're looking for, then maybe one of the major suppliers like Ecklers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts