Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
DC Crew
53,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I sent to someone early, who is going to wonder where a lot of his threads and posts went.

"I would appreciate it if you would help me out by throttling down the intensity of your posts, and the extreme nature of the topics. I find them, simply, too sensational and beyond the boundaries of this website.

Let's pretend we talked about it up and back for a day and you understand all the reasons, and you agree with me that there are plenty of other sites on the internet that those posts would be more appropriate on, and they don't have to be here at DC.

I'm not saying change your extreme and intense views on topics, I'm saying take it somewhere else if you feel the need to tell others about them.

Thanks.:thumbsup:"

Let that PM be your guide as to what posts can be made on DigitalCorvettes.com and particularly in this "news forum".

The final decision is mine, and I won't reply to requests for explanation. Just figure out that you crossed a boundary, and don't do it anymore.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
So it's a contest... :rolling:

·
You've been pimped!!
15,297 Posts
Yes, Dad......;)

Patrick, you do one hell of a job keeping this place functional......... :thumbsup:

·
DC Crew
53,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, Dad......;)

Patrick, you do one hell of a job keeping this place functional......... :thumbsup:
The vast majority want this place to stay nice. I haven't nuked a news thread since I made this thread. Which makes me happy.:thumbsup:

Threads titled "Obama is like Hitler" and other things of that nature will obviously vanish. It's not about someones views, it's about the extreme, potentially offensive and incendiary way they are presented for discussion. But again, haven't seen that in some time now so all is good.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
The vast majority want this place to stay nice. I haven't nuked a news thread since I made this thread. Which makes me happy.:thumbsup:

Threads titled "Obama is like Hitler" and other things of that nature will obviously vanish. It's not about someones views, it's about the extreme, potentially offensive and incendiary way they are presented for discussion. But again, haven't seen that in some time now so all is good.:thumbsup:
I'm not sure I recall any threads that extreme? :huh:
Could you re-post them so I could get an idea of what your talking about????
:devil:

·
Registered
19,914 Posts

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
36,361 Posts
Wise decision newb

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
"I'm not saying change your extreme and intense views on topics, I'm saying take it somewhere else if you feel the need to tell others about them."
Kudos Patrick! :agree:

Sometimes it takes a ballpeen hammer to get someone's attention . . . Just a few knots oughta do'it :smack :smack :smack :smack

CM

·
Registered
569 Posts

I thought this was the "thick skin" site.

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
I thought this was the "thick skin" site.
We have thick skins but we have a responsibility to the members here as well. We want to keep this site fun and an enjoyable place to hang out.

:cheers:

·
DC Crew
53,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
True, But hopefully not intolerant of other's views especially in the off-topic section.
First and foremost (and it's probably pretty obvious) we are a Corvette site. The off topic sections are just a place to talk about things off topic. But, within the boundaries as dictated.:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 71 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.