Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
822 Posts
3) Highschool or college students who like to pretent to be something other than what they are.

I'd prefer to hear opinions of corvette owners and/or people who are who they say they are at this site, if I want republican or democrat party lines, I'd be on those sites to get that info.

Just my 2 cents.
Oh crap you figured me out.:laughing: There are a couple people in particular on here that I noticed never posted anywhere else, one in fact that I looked at their posts and they were only responses to political threads. I think that the random news threads have exploded since all threads corvette and not were put on the home page ticker.

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
I liked it back when the news postings were not on the front page..thats just me tho I'm not going to get involved in all this political controversy.

Just my $.02

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
one in fact that I looked at their posts and they were only responses to political threads.
Was it a supporting member... :rolling:

·
Registered
822 Posts
Was it a supporting member... :rolling:
haha no I realized long ago supporting members bought their way into saying whatever the hell they wanted, kinda like a drug dealer and a dirty cop.:laughing: Lets just say they have posted so many political things in the last few months that I decided to take a quick look into their history. I won't take it any further unless an admin approaches it.

·
DC Pit Crew
10,260 Posts
haha no I realized long ago supporting members bought their way into saying whatever the hell they wanted, kinda like a drug dealer and a dirty cop.:laughing:
you better become a supporting member if you want to get away with calling us dirty cops ;)

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
haha no I realized long ago supporting members bought their way into saying whatever the hell they wanted, kinda like a drug dealer and a dirty cop.:laughing: Lets just say they have posted so many political things in the last few months that I decided to take a quick look into their history. I won't take it any further unless an admin approaches it.
Well! I never!
So your saying DC supporting members are all drug dealers and the DC mods are all as bad as dirty police officers! :surprised

Well that right there deserves a vacation!

:smack
:laughing:

·
Registered
822 Posts
I should have known it was gonna bite me.:spanked:

you better become a supporting member if you want to get away with calling us dirty cops ;)
We'll have to see if I have any money left when my student loan comes through, it would qualify as an educational expense right?:laughing:

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
What people tend to forget (mostly those who are not politically savvy) is that this is a community of, and for Corvette lovers. There are all types of Corvette lovers... including those that love politics. There are even those who do not have a Corvette... yet still love them. We have a common interest... and within that interest, there are those who have other common interests... like racing... or Corvette girls or politics.

Point being... it's a community... not just another Corvette site.

And... having that badge of support under your name... is no guarantee you will not be given a vacation just as fast as a non-supporter... as some will attest to.

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
What people tend to forget (mostly those who are not politically savvy) is that this is a community of, and for Corvette lovers. There are all types of Corvette lovers... including those that love politics. There are even those who do not have a Corvette... yet still love them. We have a common interest... and within that interest, there are those who have other common interests... like racing... or Corvette girls or politics.

Point being... it's a community... not just another Corvette site.

And... having that badge of support under your name... is no guarantee you will not be given a vacation just as fast as a non-supporter... as some will attest to.
:thumbsup:
Here! Here!
:cheers:

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Because they vanished immediately. :laughing:

:laughing: No.
Patrick,
You have run a great site as far as I'm concerned, up till now. We do have people with very STRONG opinions and that is to be expected. We need sometimes to remember opinions are like backsides and every one of us has one. But sometimes we need a 2x4 to remind us. Just use it gently:nuts:

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
haha no I realized long ago supporting members bought their way into saying whatever the hell they wanted, kinda like a drug dealer and a dirty cop.:laughing:
Being a Supporting Member is a way for a member to give back to the site, it's not a get out of jail free card. I can honestly say that at NO time while handling any issue with a member, did their Supporting Member status make us reconsider our response.

That said, I do have my "favorite" members who I might be a little lenient on... because they are also friends of mine. :laughing:

Lets just say they have posted so many political things in the last few months that I decided to take a quick look into their history. I won't take it any further unless an admin approaches it.
Take it all the way baby! Don't stop now. Bring it.

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
I think I just realized something. You political guys never have any Corvette problems! Either you're too busy fighting each other to drive them or car problems are scared of politics! :laughing:

·
Registered
822 Posts
Being a Supporting Member is a way for a member to give back to the site, it's not a get out of jail free card. I can honestly say that at NO time while handling any issue with a member, did their Supporting Member status make us reconsider our response.

That said, I do have my "favorite" members who I might be a little lenient on... because they are also friends of mine. :laughing:
I realize that, just a bit of friendly ribbing/ getting in on the fun:cheers:

Take it all the way baby! Don't stop now. Bring it.
Nah, it was just a pattern of posting I noticed. They haven't dinged me personally. If they are doing anything wrong here I trust that it will eventually be worked out.

·
Banned
12,109 Posts
Profile and gallery is usually the simple route to finding out who's here for what.

:cheers:
how?

Lotsa peep never stalk profiles, (unless they are chicks.:rolleyes: ) many peep leave theirs empty, and people can fake any info they want in them.:huh:

I probably have 20 profiles and only three of them are filled out.

As far as the galleries go, most peep dont use them, some peep use them normally, and some peep use them for free image hosting storage/archive.

I've probably only clicked on 2 profiles here at DC.........

ever.

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
how?

Lotsa peep never stalk profiles, (unless they are chicks.:rolleyes: ) many peep leave theirs empty, and people can fake any info they want in them.:huh:

I probably have 20 profiles and only three of them are filled out.

As far as the galleries go, most peep dont use them, some peep use them normally, and some peep use them for free image hosting storage/archive.

I've probably only clicked on 2 profiles here at DC.........

ever.

Thanks for making my point. :laughing:

41 - 60 of 71 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.