Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Extreme Rich problem causing missing 85 corvette advice?
Last week I drove it home to change the oil. After changing the oil I took compressed air and blew the engine off because it's been quite dry around here. After doing that I started it up to check oil pressure which was fine. Yet soon as I started the extreme rich problem started. It blows a combination of blue/black/Gray smoke constantly and misses. What I have done is as follows;
Compression check on all the cylinders which was even 235 psi on all the motor is new with 1400 miles
I have a dmm and have ohms all the spark plug wires which were in range going by the spec of 1000 ohms per foot
I have checked fuel pressure which is 42 psi, exactly what I set it a month ago
I checked the timing which is 10*, hasn't changed, I checked it with esc unhooked
I also changed the spark plugs to eliminate the possibility
I have checked the resistance of the injectors which are stock 85s they all spec 16-16.5 ohm, admitable I forgot the scale on my meter I was using
I have a OTC scanner, my dad was a previous mechanic and the data looks normal, and have no trouble codes.
I have had the valve covers off to check for broken valvesprings and valvetrain which is all fine.
I have checked all vacuum lines, but will be checking them again
Any advice is appreciated thanks guys

·
DC Crew
20,699 Posts
Wonder if your cold start injector is leaking.

I had to replace mine before as it leaked (even with harness disconnected) and would run rich and blow a little smoke. Swapped in another and worked great. Last I checked, nobody sells new cold start injectors so you have to find one used or disconnect & block it off. There are block off kits on ebay and such.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The cold start has been removed as it has a super ram, it has been programmed out of the prom also(cold start). The idle will stay steady if i hold the gas but dies instantly when i let off the gas.

·
Registered
547 Posts
The cold start has been removed as it has a super ram, it has been programmed out of the prom also(cold start). The idle will stay steady if i hold the gas but dies instantly when i let off the gas.
IAC passages and valve cleaned?

Min idle speed set? No air leaks? Plugs, cap, rotor and wires good?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts