Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading on another forum about a guy who took his 05 F-55 in because he couldn't tell if it was working. After much fighting with the dealer he got them to ring out the wiring and they found a missing wire from the switch to the computer. Does anyone know of a sure fire way to know and test that the system is working? He said to push down on the car at a finder then switch to the other setting and you should feel the difference. Does the car have to be running? Does it need to be moving for the sensors to work. Does the push on the car thing really tell if it's working? Would someone else try it and see if you feel the difference I did not.:hump:
I keep it in tour most of the time but if something is not working right I'd like to get it fixed the system was not cheep:huh:

·
Registered
82 Posts
When i change from tour to sport i feel the differance within a few seconds, big differance to me.In sport the car is alot tighter,ride is harder.love the system and now the 2007 F55 will come with drilled rotors......:cheers:

·
Registered
102 Posts
I don't know the answer about what happens when the car is stationary and you change modes but I will check and see tomorrow.

I can tell the diff between sport and touring almost immediately after changing modes. I run in sport mode most of the time and switching to touring the steering feels a little less connected and the little bumps get smoothed out. Anytime you go around a corner you can feel the suspension has a more lean than in sport mode.

Try driving over a bumpy road or series of speed bumps in both modes. You should notice that the suspension is more compliant in touring mode and the steering feels a little less direct; even with the Z-51 bars I have on.

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
Jimailer said:
Does anyone know of a sure fire way to know and test that the system is working?
Sure.

It's safe to say that if you can't feel the difference between F-55 settings, then something is wrong.

"There are two cockpit settings,“Tour” and “Sport,” managed by a single switch located on the center console. The “Tour” setting provides more ride comfort and compliance for everyday driving conditions, while the “Sport” setting provides a firmer ride for performance driving, and more communication of road feel."

·
Registered
88 Posts
I definitely feel the difference! On a freeway long ride, the touring mode is much more pleasant and the sport mode for aggressive twisties feels just right. I would like those cross drilled rotors of the '07 though.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys I'll FORCE:excited: myself to go for a ride this weekend and give both modes a work out:cool:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts