Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a problem with the factory airbox clamps not staying latched?

Every time I open my hood they are released...yes, I am sure that no one is playing games with me.

Is there a solution?

Thanks,

Rad

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd love to.

I'm still trying to recover from the first month of ownership.

4 new Michelin Pilot ZPs...$1200

Headlight Switch...$270

Oil Change...$65

Trans Service...$60

Cooling System Flush...$30

New VATS key...$40

New keyless remote...$40?

New wheel center cap...$10

iPod adapter from Logjam that didn't work...$150 (still waiting for refund @ 6 weeks.)

Pioneer deck and Soundgate adapter that did work...$425

No, I won't add it up. I don't want to know.

If I hadn't just gotten divorced, I would be now. I swear a girlfriend would be cheaper.

Oh, and the transfer case in my Dodge diesel exploded at the beginning of April and I am still waiting for the rep from Chrysler to find time to look at it so they can decide that they don't want to cover it. (Bearing died at 71,600 miles. 7/70,000 powertrain warranty.)

Just got back from tinting the windows today...$180

And yet, I don't feel bad about any of the money I have spent on the car.

I also drove 9,000 miles in it last month. I'm ready to do another 9,000 this month...but only ready as I will probably only do 3,500.

The airbox needs to survive until August or September. I will be doing one, just not yet. There is also exhaust in my future but that is also waiting until after summer.

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,513 Posts
looks like you have a real good start there

·
Super Moderator
4,944 Posts
The factory clamps are an issue. I agree with the others, you won't be disappointed in a quality aftermarket piece. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
594 Posts
Installed my Stinger on Sunday...am pleased with it. My factory clamps had a habit of coming unclamped too! The Stinger installation went off without a hitch...car runs GREAT!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I guess it is good to know that I'm not alone in my problem with the factory clamps.

Thanks for the responses.

Rad

·
Registered
402 Posts
I had the same problem until I got my Callaway Honker. Up to that point I just tied the clamps down with nylon cord. Long nylon tie wraps joined together to get enough length would work too. They don't need to be that tight, just enough to prevent the latch from popping up far enough to release.
Not pretty, but it worked and was cheap.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts