Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My front air dam has come loose and I need to re-attach it.
I'm having problems getting it back on...thiongs are not lining up!!!
Anybody have a trick to make this go easier?

·
Premium Member
5,157 Posts
Is it loose because it is broken? Do you have any pictures to show what you mean? My car is currently off the ground, so if you need some shots, let me know, and I'll see what I can get for you.

Steven

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Clarification...

The air dam is off because the fasteners that attach it to the bottom of the car are broken. They are the "push-in" type.
I assume the fasteners broke from hitting parking lot curbs...lots of scrapes.
I'm affraid to drive it much as I think the air dam directs air into the radiator.
I found a fastener kit at mid-america, and just ordered it.
I need to borrow a lift so I can get COMFORTABLE...my oil change ramps are very low due to ground clearance issues.
Any ideas or trick to keep things aligned would be awesome!

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
my car is dropped 2 1/2 inches, almost 3 in front. I removed the center section of my air damn long ago. No overheating problems here. Its always hot over here, and the a/c is almost always on. I also have a custom air intake that sits were the old center air damn used to be

·
Registered
2020 Corvette black over black
233 Posts
TM is correct, you can safely drive around without the air dam, the car will not overheat. On my 1990 I drove around for several years without the air dam and when I finally got a new one and installed it, my temps didn't go down a single degree.

·
DC Pit Crew Boss
4,165 Posts
Take your drill, and carefully drill a few holes in your air dam and where it attaches to the underside of the vette. Then run to home depot and grab yourself some bolts with fender washers and bolt up your air dam. That's what I did and it looks stock yet works great :thumbsup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts