Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I just picked up my first c5 corvette. It is a 97 with 18k miles on it.. Bright red with black leather. I am have a problem with the remotes for the keyless entry and alarm. I have two transmitters that were given to me with the car. One transmitter didn't work and the other one did. Well, i put a battery in the dead one. Pressed the two buttens and held them for 10 seconds. And than it works.. *Great* Well, after a few mins, it doesn't work anymore. I replaced the battery and still no go. It will work and when i first re-program it, and than it will stop.. So i said, owell, i will use the remote that works. Took the car to work today. And it stopped working. I had to reprogram the good remote, and it worked again. Why are these remotes not holding the program. Does anyone have any light on this issue? I tryed new batteries on both remotes. Please reply! Thanks digitalcorvetes!!!

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
Welcome to Digital Corvettes!

I believe the problem is not with the remotes rather it is with the receiver. I read about this problem back about a year ago and forgot what the solution is. I'll research and answer back here. If anyone else knows the cure fire away, don't wait for me.

Does your remote have the slode switch for passive operation?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yup. It has the slide for passive arming. Its weird. 1 remote doesn't hold memory for to long. the other one kinda holds memory, but than stops working. Once they are reprogrammed they work... 1 last a little while and 1 doesn't. Any info would be great! Thanks!

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
97redc5vette said:
Yup. It has the slide for passive arming. Its weird. 1 remote doesn't hold memory for to long. the other one kinda holds memory, but than stops working. Once they are reprogrammed they work... 1 last a little while and 1 doesn't. Any info would be great! Thanks!
From what I found last night I think you will need a replacement receiver for the remotes, It is located in the left rear fender well in front of the wheel well protector. A service manual would help you here.
I think it is part of a cluster that does remotes and tire pressure monitor.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the information. I will locate a service manual and see if i can find the transmitter. They are probably very expensive. Thanks again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts