Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I will most likely be replacing my seat belts (lap belts) and wanted to know where are they bolted from the factory? My belts were bolted along with the seat brackets. I will be replacing my old belts with new lap belts. Where would be the best place to mount them?

·
DC Crew
12,250 Posts
Hey guys I will most likely be replacing my seat belts (lap belts) and wanted to know where are they bolted from the factory? My belts were bolted along with the seat brackets. I will be replacing my old belts with new lap belts. Where would be the best place to mount them?
There are two reels. One under the seat held with a single bolt and one on the wheel well just behind your head. It was a single belt with the shoulder and lap belt one piece with retractor on each end going through a "D" ring mounted just above your ear on the pillar!

Hope it helps! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
The '76 assembly instruction manual (AIM) would help you a lot. The AIM has a diagram showing the stock seat belt mounting.

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
517 Posts
Use the stock location for your lap belts. The floor is reinforced for them, and the inside ones actually have a cable attaching them to the frame, right under the e-brake cable adjuster, so that they won't rip out under, shall we say, 'extreme stress loads'. Any other place you mount them will not have these reinforcemants.

John

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am going to buy the aim, I have a couple manuals but they didn't have any pictures of this. Thanks for all the tips guys, I wasn't sure if there would be more reinforcement on the wall behind the seats.

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
The main bolt holes are under the center of the seat and another on the side of the trannny tunnel

And also the back one on the frame kick up area behind the seat

They have 5x5 plates or so behind them to it's SCCA approved even :laughing:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts