Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any difference between the sbc and the bbc factory sidepipes besides the location of the inlet? Are pipe size and internals the same?

Thanks for any help...

kdlp

·
Iron Fist in a Velvet Glove
5,157 Posts
kdlp said:
Is there any difference between the sbc and the bbc factory sidepipes besides the location of the inlet? Are pipe size and internals the same?

Thanks for any help...

kdlp
Hedman Hedders used to make a header specifically for a SBC w/factory side exhaust. I ran the headers into the 2" inlet side pipes that came with my '65 coupe.

Later, I rebuilt "more to stock" and purchased a set of 2.5" ram horn exhaust manifolds along with a set of 2.5" inlet factory side pipes. There were no physical differences that I recall, although my memory is that the 2.5" pipes were louder than the 2" pipes.

Steven

·
Iron Fist in a Velvet Glove
5,157 Posts
Sadistic said:
They're all rubbish compared to Stahl headers.
If you're interested in the Stahl headers, you can see the details of their P/N 115 for the SBC Corvette (C2/C3).

If I still had my '65 coupe, I'd probably still be running either the stock 2.5" ram horns or the Hedmann's. Even if they are "rubbish", I liked 'em, and that's all that mattered to me.

Steven

1 - 5 of 5 Posts