Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[Madison, WI] As tens of thousands of public employees skipped work this week to attend protest rallies outside the Wisconsin State Capitol, many wondered if they would face any disciplinary action for unexcused absences.

On Saturday, a group of men and women in lab coats purporting to be doctors were handing out medical excuse notes, without examining the ‘patients.’

“I asked this doctor what he was doing and he told me they were handing out excuses to people who were feeling sick due to emotional, mental or financial distress,” said Christian Hartsock. “They never performed an exam–he asked me how I was feeling today and I said I’m from California and I’m not used to the cold, so he handed me a note.”

Another woman, who wished to remain anonymous, said they were handing out excuses like they were leaflets.

“I asked if they were handing out doctors’ excuses and a guy said yes and asked me if I needed one,” she said. “When I told them I needed one for February 16 and 17th, he wondered if I wanted to come back here for the protests next week.”

What happened next?

“I said, ‘sure,’ and I received a doctor’s note for the 16th through the 25th of February, without a medical exam.”

The notes read

Feb 19, 2011

Patient’s name______

Date of birth ____/_____/_____

To Whom it May Concern:

This is confirm I have seen and evaluated the above named patient.

Please excuse from work/school due to a medical condition from

____/____/____ through

Please contact me at [email protected] if additional information is needed. Thank you.

Sincerely,

Physician Signature:

Physician Name

WI license number

Based on an examination of the signature and medical license number provided, one of the men handing out these notes was purporting to be James H Shropshire MD, a Clinical Associate Professor at the University Wisconsin Madison.

http://maciverinstitute.com/2011/02...eing-handed-out-at-wisconsin-gov-union-rally/

·
Registered
798 Posts
They are Heroes !!!

:thumbsup:

:devil:

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
I saw a video of this happening, and you could hear the conversation. If these are real doctors, they should be brought before their medical board for fraud. Signing a document that says you have done an examination when you haven't is a crime, plain and simple.

·
Registered
12,410 Posts
[Madison, WI]
Based on an examination of the signature and medical license number provided, one of the men handing out these notes was purporting to be James H Shropshire MD, a Clinical Associate Professor at the University Wisconsin Madison.
Explains it all right there...:lookinup:

·
Banned
12,109 Posts
I saw a video of this happening, and you could hear the conversation. If these are real doctors, they should be brought before their medical board for fraud. Signing a document that says you have done an examination when you haven't is a crime, plain and simple.
They are smart enough to know that HC is about to become extinct.

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Banned
9,760 Posts
How many of you guys on here get paid for being out sick even with a doctors note???

Just one more reason that public employee unions have to go...all of them.

·
Grey Squirrel
22,780 Posts
How many of you guys on here get paid for being out sick even with a doctors note???
The vast majority of companies give paid sick days, for management right down to the lowest worker, union or non-union.

Perhaps we should eliminate paid vacations too? :huh:

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
Paid sick days have been replaced by using vacation days at our company. Also, paid vacation days, much like salary & benefits are used (when deemed necessary) to entice/retain certain employees.

Not everyone gets the same amount.

·
Banned
12,109 Posts
Paid sick days have been replaced by using vacation days at our company. Also, paid vacation days, much like salary & benefits are used (when deemed necessary) to entice/retain certain employees.

:agree:

that's the new norm for now.

and that's assuming your not a temp employee...
a growing majority of workers these days....

·
Registered
19,476 Posts

As it should be. :thumbsup:
Way too many employees abuse the system.

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
:crazy:
http://hotair.com/archives/2011/02/...s-who-gave-out-fake-sick-notes-to-protesters/

"The investigation will identify which UW Health physicians were involved and whether their behavior constituted violations of medical ethics or University of Wisconsin and UW Health policies and work rules. The investigation and any potential future action will follow the established procedures of the University of Wisconsin. Any future disciplinary action taken will be considered a personnel matter and will be treated with the confidentiality required by University of Wisconsin policies."

So now the doctors in question are being investigated by the University of Wiconsin, but any action taken will be secret? The lib doctors will be punished by their own lib employers?? Right! :laughing: :crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
:crazy:
http://hotair.com/archives/2011/02/...s-who-gave-out-fake-sick-notes-to-protesters/

"The investigation will identify which UW Health physicians were involved and whether their behavior constituted violations of medical ethics or University of Wisconsin and UW Health policies and work rules. The investigation and any potential future action will follow the established procedures of the University of Wisconsin. Any future disciplinary action taken will be considered a personnel matter and will be treated with the confidentiality required by University of Wisconsin policies."

So now the doctors in question are being investigated by the University of Wiconsin, but any action taken will be secret? The lib doctors will be punished by their own lib employers?? Right! :laughing: :crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:
That's why the Medical Board needs to investigate. Their investigations are ultimately public record, and they have the power to punish, including the power to remove their medical license.

·
Registered
607 Posts
:agree:

Any doctor that did this should have their license suspended.

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
If a few of the republicans switch party's... they can have the vote... and then switch back.

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
How did entire classes of pupils get to this rally... if the teachers were sick ?

·
Banned
7,823 Posts
If a few of the republicans switch party's... they can have the vote... and then switch back.

it isnt a matter of needing a dem to start the vote, they are 1 body short. if there was 1 more republican or 1 more independent and 1 less democrat, their running away would be irrelevant

1 - 20 of 33 Posts