Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We have a Goodyr. dealer in our small town that will sell 4 Falken Z rated tires out the door for $600.The tires are rated 280 AA A .

Has anyone had first hand knowledge of these tires? Any one know how they compare with the Kuhmos?

I looked the price up on the web ........$105 front & $126 rear ($462) The price is almost too good to be true. The price is so low I'm afraid to buy them.

Thanks Don

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
I had those on my C-4 when I bought it. tock sie 255/50/16 I ended up changing to Donlops because my local shop couldn't get z rated tires on time and I had one separate.(It was put on my new wheels backwards lonnnnnnng story) I now have sumitomos on my new new wheels.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have the RK 451's on my 99 and love them! Great performance in wet and dry conditions. Very aggressive tread pattern and you can't beat the price!! :buhbye:

·
Registered
78 Posts
FALKIN TIRES

I have tried their tires ther are pretty good for everyday driving and cost concerns but!!! they are not for performance driving I had them on the slowest corvette produced a 84 at one time and they would just spin and spin and spin. When it comes to tires spend the money I just bought a set of Continental sport2 today and what a difference in the handeling and ride control.

By the way here is a little something I learned on Sunday to keep in mind I bought a set of Michelin pilot sport tires size 295 30 zr 18 for my 99 in the rear. As soon as I left the tire store my cars computer went nuts.. the traction control was turning on like every 10 sec..... Turns out that the 295 30 18 side wall is just a little shorter then the 275 40 18 I replaced. What was happening is the rear axle was turning faster then the trans sensor so the computer was thinking the rear wheels were spinning there for turning on the traction control. Keep that in mind if you decide to go with wider tires. Lucky for me BIG O tires took them back and I got the contri sport2 instead. I paid $900.00 for all four mounted and ballanced.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Do you have a web site address where they can be ordered, I can't find the site I saw them on? I called tire rack & they recommended Brigestone pole position....kind of expensive but....
....Don

1 - 6 of 6 Posts