Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On a scale of 1-10, how difficult is it to change out the stock ls6 intake for a FAST intake?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,513 Posts
Not really any harder than swapping out any other intale

·
Banned
176 Posts
It's actually easier than 90% of the intakes out there. No RTV or gaskets to worry about. Just a fuel rail, some sensors and a few bolts. I can do the entire thing in less than 30 minutes and most of that time is spent swapping over injectors to the new intake.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's actually easier than 90% of the intakes out there. No RTV or gaskets to worry about. Just a fuel rail, some sensors and a few bolts. I can do the entire thing in less than 30 minutes and most of that time is spent swapping over injectors to the new intake.
Cool. . . . .The last intake manifold I changed was off of a old carbureted Gen I chevy 350. I changed from a victor Jr. to a airgap. It's a messy proposition with the old engines because antifreeze lays at the bottom of the valley so when you lift the intake off the block, it pours out like niagara falls. Then of course you do all the RTV and gasket stuff. Glad to know it's a bit cleaner with this generation engine!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts