Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy Gang:buhbye:. I need to clean my Light Oak Sport Seats in my 2001 coupe. What is everyone's favorite cleaner? I have done a bit of research on the other forums, but this place is like home for info, so, favorites?

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,477 Posts
Whatever product you decide to use, make sure you TEST it on a obscure spot to set if there is any reaction to the cleaner

·
Registered
72 Posts
coated leather is another deal.

Gm has a part number for what you seek, one might start there . if you need a starting point.

I trust meguiar's products, the main thing is to get a product designed for coated leather, as you will be protecting and cleaning plastic that covers the leather your products will never touch. I think the owners manual says water and damp cloth for seat cleaning.

I have read about leather getting so soft the nylon thread , which remained unaffected , began cutting the leather. I suppose it could be possible, but hard to believe it happing to any normal person.

I really like the lexol products, museums use them, but only for uncoated leather, like gloves, not auto upholstery. Some products are designed for both surfaces, if you have both types.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts