Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was thinking today at work that when I get older I might want another vette. However I would never want to sell my c4. I think I have concluded that my favorite two generations are the c4 and c5. The c4 still has the raw sports car feeling while the c5 has the style and a more refined feeling. I dont think I would ever really want to make them ridiculously fast considering the little over 300hp in my c4 puts a smile on my face everyday. Basically I just wanted to ask what ya'lls favorite generations are and why.

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
My Favs

C1 57 - Coolest Vette ever IMO
C4 ZR1 - The return of the Bad Boy Vette
C5 Z06 2004 - The best C5 made IMO
C6 Z51 1SX - The return (very short lived) of the lightweight Vette
C6 Z06 - Baddest Vette ever produced.

:cheers:

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
When I was 10 it was a C1. When I turned 20 it was a C2. Than at 30 I liked the C3's. But at 40 I turned to the C4's. In my 50's I picked up a C5 and thought that was the best. In my 60's now, driving a C6Z stoped liking just one generation, looking forward to the next.

·
DC Crew
20,694 Posts
I'm a sucker for the C2s. To me they still are the elusive dream that I've never gotten to know well, but their rare presence still gives me the same tingly feeling. I could stare at one for a whole afternoon.

The C4 is my second favorite generation as it reminds me strongly of the same nature of the C2. Small, sleek and stunning. Nothing like falling into a C4, fighter pilot cockpit, clamshell hood, sculpted seats and the joys your senses get from the older style 350.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Love 'em all but if I had to pick I guess a 67 would be it (great year for Vettes and people) ;)

63-67 and then the 05-07 with 57-62 really close behind especially 60

·
Premium Member
5,157 Posts
I'm a sucker for the C2s. To me they still are the elusive dream that I've never gotten to know well, but their rare presence still gives me the same tingly feeling. I could stare at one for a whole afternoon.

The C4 is my second favorite generation as it reminds me strongly of the same nature of the C2. Small, sleek and stunning. Nothing like falling into a C4, fighter pilot cockpit, clamshell hood, sculpted seats and the joys your senses get from the older style 350.
Well said! The dreamer in me longs to get another '65 coupe, and make it just like the one I had 30 years ago (has it really been that long?!). OK, actually I never did get that coupe built the way I wanted it, so maybe the dream is to get another one and build it to what I imagined back then.

However, the practical side says that if I ever get another one, it will probably be a C5, with the eventual goal of getting a new C6 (or C7) via Museum Delivery.

My wife on the other hand dreams of a lemans blue or black '69 vert!

I think I need to start making more money ...

Steven

·
Extra Crispy
5,119 Posts
I would rather have my 66 back rather then 2 C4's that I have now. But I miss the convenience of the newer car interior and power fuctions. Can I have a 2007 66?

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
67 427 4 speed conv. marlboro red with black stinger hood and black leather with factory air and side pipes and original knock off wheels. thats what i want

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
A '75 vert with a 4 spd. I will have one someday.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts