Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
DC Crew
53,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I loved Defender, and Donkey Kong. I could list a ton of Commodore 64 games as well!

I never liked pac-man.

You?

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
Missile Command :thumbsup:

So much time wasted playing that game. When I got the Atari version and played with a joystick it really sucked since the commercial version had a ball. Since my dad was an electrically engineer working for a game company at the time (Wico) he created the first track-ball for the home game systems. I got to play with the first trail version and it was great.

·
DC Crew
53,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ragvette said:
Missile Command :thumbsup:

So much time wasted playing that game. When I got the Atari version and played with a joystick it really sucked since the commercial version had a ball. Since my dad was an electrically engineer working for a game company at the time (Wico) he created the first track-ball for the home game systems. I got to play with the first trail version and it was great.
I forgot about Missle Command! For how POOR that joystick was, you'd think I would have permanetly damaged my hand.... :surprised

Can you believe missle command looked like this?!!??!?

B

·
0 Posts
I used to dig Asteroid on my Atari. I would flip that game score over and over again!

Boy to think of what has evolved in the gaming world. I remember Pong....and then I sit down at my Xbox and play Halo or Ghost Recon and am amazed at the progression in such a short time.

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
This is a sad post! Video games weren't around when I was a kid!
I used to have to walk 5 miles in hip deep snow to school, newspapers were only 10 cents, a pack of gum was 5 cents and a gallon of gas was 34 cents.

:(

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
36,415 Posts
stilcrazee said:
This is a sad post! Video games weren't around when I was a kid!
I used to have to walk 5 miles in hip deep snow to school, newspapers were only 10 cents, a pack of gum was 5 cents and a gallon of gas was 34 cents.

:(
I'm with you. I remember when "PONG" came out and for a whole quarter you could play it in the bars while you were sipping on suds:cheers:

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
36,415 Posts
BIG LAW MAN said:
Man, you are some old dudes....ha ha ha
It's supriseing some of us have lives this long.

·
Banned
291 Posts
Galaga. I still play it when ever i see it. Flipped it twice. Last time, i walked away with something like 6 extra ships to fold my clothes at the laundramat.

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
Torch Red 2K said:
I'm with you. I remember when "PONG" came out and for a whole quarter you could play it in the bars while you were sipping on suds:cheers:

:laughing: :laughing: Glad to see I'm not the only old fart here. :laughing: :laughing:

·
DC Crew
53,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yea.... Galaga was cool.... but you could only play it at arcades! Rarely did mom/dad toss me a quarter to play... so I was glued to the "at home" video games....

B

·
0 Posts
I can't even believe that I remember the name of this game, but Circus Atari is one that brings back ridiculous memories for me. I also loved Mega Man. I think that was a Nintendo game. My little brother and I were very serious about Mega Man.

Those were good times...

CIRCUS ATARI ... SPLAT!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts