Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On sunday I was screwing around in the Z and threw it into a curb sideways. The rear wheel is bent. I dont think it is the rim though. I drove it home, but it wasnt a fun drive. Had it towed to the dealer, i'll see how much this will cost me. :nuts:

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
Ouch, that sucks. Hope its not damaged bad.

·
Registered
673 Posts
You didn't have to do all that just to get a new one!:laughing: I hope it's an easy fix for ya.:cheers:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Sorry Bro that sucks! At least it's fixable. Hopefully not a bent frame.:down:

·
Registered
956 Posts
TurtleZ06 said:
Sorry Bro that sucks! At least it's fixable. Hopefully not a bent frame.:down:
Bent frame from hitting a wheel on the curb? Is that possible?

I took a rear wheel off my old Saturn by spinning it into the curb. The body shop just had to fix suspension/brake parts and replace the driver side wheels. It was the tree the dented the frame. :laughing:

·
Registered
162 Posts
Sorry to hear about your situation, maybe time for some aftermarket wheels?;)

·
Registered
6,909 Posts
Hope is isn't anything beyond a bent rim!

:(

·
Registered
2 Posts
I know how you feel, :bang I spun mine around on a dry road back last November via a misshift. I went from 3rd to 2nd instead of 4th on cold tires and the rear came around to meet the front. Lucky for me, I didn't hit anything.
And yes, traction control was on!!!!!

·
Registered
635 Posts
:bang that sucks, good luck getting you Z back on the road

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
Kanon said:
Bent frame from hitting a wheel on the curb? Is that possible?

I took a rear wheel off my old Saturn by spinning it into the curb. The body shop just had to fix suspension/brake parts and replace the driver side wheels. It was the tree the dented the frame. :laughing:

Yes I had a friend in high school that did that very thing in Mustang SVO and totaled it. Ripped the rear in out from under it, tearing the frame mounting points and bending it. It doesn't sound like his is that bad though.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well traction control wanst on, I was still waiting for my EBCM. I just decided I would like to have some fun this weekend. I now know to only screw around on wide roads. Althought hitting the curb was kind of a blessing. While I was sliding sideways I thought I was going to hit a light pole on the side of the road. And when it hit I thought that was what I hit. So I got out and inspected it, in the dark everything looked fine until I started driving it. I was about 10mi form home so I just drove it home, my friend followed me. So if it wanst for the curb I would have been looking at alot of body work.

BTW heard form the dealer today, only a tie rod end. Also needs four wheel alignment. All together around $300, so not too bad.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Man, that has to suck. I hope it doesn't cost you too much. As I always say "there is nothing worst than having to spend unexpected money." Let us know how everything goes.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts