Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
6,890 Posts
I JUST got done looking at the same pics at the same site! I like it! It does have a sort-of Viper feel to it and the interior is nice but that steering whell isn't. Numbers look pretty good. I can't wait!

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
If you read the like/don't like part of the article, that steering wheel is off the new Malibu. Parts sharing:(

EDIT: Never mind, I just cheked the Chevy web site and the Malibu steering wheel is different, the spoke go straight to the 3 and 9 o'clock position, the C6 curves downward.

·
Registered
53 Posts
:partyon:

Nice, thanks for posting. I like these pics better than those from AutoWorld. The unveiling is that much closer!

Jim

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just noticed that in the last pic of the specs, under consumer info the base price is $47,000 and the price as tested is $50,000 (est). No "est" after the base price, I wonder if they know something?

·
DC Pit Crew
11,957 Posts
400 hp
400 ft/lbs

:thumbsup:

·
DC Pit Crew
11,957 Posts
ghostrider said:
Where oh where is that front plate going to go :lookinup: Don't like only 400HP as well. :(
400 is what GM has been saying all along...put a bracket onf or the front plate

·
Registered
145 Posts
what is the site the pics are from? my computer wont load the pics off this site. but the autoworld ones seemed to work fine from the other site, so i wanna get the chance with that...

·
Registered
145 Posts
thanks... got em

·
Registered
24 Posts
Has anybody heard what the exhaust sounds like yet? Hope it sounds better than the C5. Seems like they could come out with some different exhaust options.:huh:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Can't wait for my sub copy....

·
Registered
762 Posts
Yeah only 400hp, what a shame. :huh:

Ok, so buy a K&N filter and now you have 405, as much as the prized Z06 that may now be obsolete.

Does the article have the official weight? That will be the real kicker.

At a base of 47k, 400hp stock, and a much improved interior, why would anyone buy an '04?

It's because we are going to be able to pick up a Z06 here for about $42k, while the C6 is going to be marked up to about $52k.

Yay, Z06 for $42k.

·
Registered
6,890 Posts
gaC5 said:
Has anybody heard what the exhaust sounds like yet? Hope it sounds better than the C5. Seems like they could come out with some different exhaust options.:huh:
I saw a video of the C6 driving around somewhere and you could hear the exhuast but Im not sure wheres it was at and not too sure if it is what it will truelly sound like. But I agree, I hope it sounds ALOT better (more aggresive) than stock C5!

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
I don't know how I missed this thread but it looks good. Does ruin the big surprise though.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts