Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the kind words guys, the lair is an ever growing assault on the eyes as one of my good friends says, I get a kick out of how many of the neighbors slow down to get a good look into it when the door is open in the summer:laughing:

raid thanks the gas pump is an old erie pump from the gulf station in my town that closed many years ago, it was a blast restoring it even more so since I have childhood memories of going to that exact station when I was a little kid my dad and uncle worked there part time for several years wrenching on cars so when it came up for sale it just had to come home with me :cheers:

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
raid thanks the gas pump is an old erie pump from the gulf station in my town that closed many years ago, it was a blast restoring it even more so since I have childhood memories of going to that exact station when I was a little kid my dad and uncle worked there part time for several years wrenching on cars so when it came up for sale it just had to come home with me

Dude with a story like that it makes the pump even that much cooler.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
254 Posts
I miss those old gas pumps from a time when you could pull up, reset the dial and start pumping gas. Now you have to pull up, scan your credit card, answer 12 questions (would you like a car wash today?), select the grade of gas, pump the gas and then answer two or three more questions before you can drive away. And if I remember correctly those pumps would not display a price over $1.99 per gallon.........

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
You guys are lucky you don't live in New Jersey.

You can't pump your own gas in the Garden State,

You have to deal with the middle eastern

proprietor.:devil: who may or may not speak english,

but can sure count the hell out of the money.

BTW Love the pump.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for all the kind words , as you can see Im kinda a picker as well as a car guy, its getting to where I need a bigger garage to house my ever growing collection of diecast,coke and gas station items, just got a vintage air meter and oil pump that Im going to restore in gulf logos to match the pump to add to my driveway decor:D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts