Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The lights are convex in the rear with a different plastic look. Does anyone know if the C6 will be equiped with FIber Optic lights (like the Deville DTS and the Mercedes S Class) or are the lights standard bulbs. Also are the C6 doors touch to open (like the Cadillac XLR) or are they levers/handles. I saw the XLR's and the technology was really near and easy to use. One more thing, does the C6 have keyless entry and start?

·
Registered
145 Posts
way the hell to expensive.... they are going fo a high class look with high class performance without actually spending the money that the high class companys use. this way they can look just as nice (or better in my opinion) and still kick the **** out of the other cars for half the price.

but yes LED tail lights would kick ass, i saw i reconstructed C5 based off of the boat pictures with LED front magnafied lights... ill try and find the pic, over all the car dosnt look that great considering they didnt have much time to spend on the convertion and they dont really know what the car is going to look like but it was nice to see none the less.

but yeah ill find those pics

·
Super Moderator
10,114 Posts
If you want something unique, there is an aftermarket product that has a male fitting that matches the tail light bulb, but rather than a single incondescent, it spreads to about 1.5 to 2 inches and has a flat surface with LEDs (20 -30?) covering the surface. I understand they make them as replacements for most popular sized tail lights. If the C6 does not have LED, convert it in the time it takes to remove the lens.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I'd rather have integrated LEDs from the factory. If you had the aftermarket ones, all the LEDs would probably have to be either on or off at the same time. If they were integrated, maybe just the outside edge of LEDs would be on for the running lights, and all LEDs would light up for the brakes. That would be sweet. I've never thought about that before. It would add a lot to look of the rear end with the lights on.

kjmccurdy

·
Super Moderator
10,114 Posts
I've seen them on the POWER BLOCK - Spike TV weekends - and in JC Whitney catalog. They are "two staged".

1 - 7 of 7 Posts