Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
DC Crew
20,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been getting settled into the new house in Arizona, it sure is great to finally have a garage. Amazing how much smoother things go when you aren't laying on a gravel driveway or carrying tools everywhere.

Now to get a nice roller tool chest :thumbsup:

Any suggestions on specific carts for easy tool access and decent weight capacity?

·
Grey Squirrel
22,780 Posts
Nothing but boxes to look at right now.

When Spiderpat was helping unload the truck he asked "are car parts and tools all you packed?"

:laughing:
You did remind him that you packed your Poncherello blow up doll, right?

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
Home Depot has a fantastic box on sale right now for $300. Great box, nicer than a starter box but not a big expensive one.:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
4,668 Posts
Toolbox, how about a good price on a Craftsman. I just bought one to keep some stuff in. It's got ball-bearing drawers and it feels substantial. They have a $180.00 off sale going on now. It's the one on the left. If you want a center 6 drawer unit, it's also on sale for $99.00. Feels like real good quality for the price. Harbor freight had nothing close to the price. I bought the Harbor Freight one and on the way home I saw a Sears sale paper in a restroom. I stopped, bought the Craftsman and returned the Harbor Freight POS.

·
Super Moderator
8,498 Posts
http://www.craftsman.com/shc/s/p_10...Cabinet+Combos&prdNo=2&blockNo=2&blockType=L2

ID BUY THIS IF I WAS JUST STARTING

I purchased two similar matching 36" tool chest combos from sears
over 25 years ago and paid more than they ask now for larger ones and they have held up well,Id buy two of these larger combos if I had to do it over

http://forum.grumpysperformance.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=1502&p=11516&hilit=chest#p11516

http://forum.grumpysperformance.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=3283&p=8681&hilit=chest#p8681

http://forum.grumpysperformance.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=4069&p=10827&hilit=snap+on+craftsman#p10827

·
Registered
3,516 Posts

Here's one from Costco

also I want to see your garage Dan

Bon

·
Premium Member
13,918 Posts
I didn't know you were moving to Arizona?:huh: So are you pretty close to Spidey and Patrick?

Congrats on the new place, post up some pictures when ya can.;)

·
DC Crew
20,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
1963SS thanks for the heads up, will try to hit Sears tomorrow.

REDHTC6GIRL said:
So are you pretty close to Spidey and Patrick?
Close enough :laughing:

10min ride from Patrick, Spidey is about an hour away unless he's driving under boost. lol

·
Premium Member
13,918 Posts
1963SS thanks for the heads up, will try to hit Sears tomorrow.

Close enough :laughing:

10min ride from Patrick, Spidey is about an hour away unless he's driving under boost. lol
I forsee alot of DC peeps headed out to the Southwest. The pictures Patrick and Becky posted of their paradise homestead will make everyone want to move here.:thumbsup: Your gonna love it here Dan.:D

Oh Spidey could make it in less than 15 minutes....I've seen him drive!:devil:

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
I didn't know you were moving to Arizona?:huh: So are you pretty close to Spidey and Patrick?

Congrats on the new place, post up some pictures when ya can.;)
Whoa don't get to excited for Dan just Yet

He'll be living next door to that Filthy Pat

and Pat will turn him into a Boozer just like himself :drink:

Poor Dan is Liable to wind up Homeless and on the streets since he has no website to sell lol

I'm telling yah'all Arizona is going to Kick their all ass'es

And it ain't gunna be pretty

It's all just a matter of time,

Bon:nuts:

·
Premium Member
3,766 Posts
Check out any of the local hardware stores and find one you like. I recommend one with drawers all the way down. My Craftsman has a door at the bottom that is basically useless. Right now it just has repair manuals in it collecting spiders and dust. Also look into a small cart that has high/low trays. Until you have a lift, the low tray is great when you are replacing brakes and doing other suspension stuff.

Congrats on the new place.

:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
Congrats on the new place Dano, can't wait to see the pics. Got room for a lift or will yu have to remodel the garage next week.:laughing:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts