Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I appreciate all the comments on the threads I have posted reference buying a C3, insurance, etc. Digital Corvettes continues to be the source for info!!!! The members here kick [email protected]#.:partyon:

Also, hope I am not breaking any forum rules, but "Corvettes of Dallas" and "The Corvette Shop" (also in Dallas) are the reason I have an incredible C3 in the garage tonight. I drove it from Dallas to Ft. Hood this afternoon (about 3 hours) and it was Biblical.:devil:

By the way, my driveway is not that steep, I just can't get the pic to rotate when I upload it....:thud:

Attachments

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, the original color was orange and it may end up that way again in a few years.

Good thing about the color now, I am not sure if the wife would have bought off on it so easily if it was the original color.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
378 Posts
Glad to have helped you along your jurney in getting the Car.. and I can see your smile all the way here in Ft. Worth...

Dan..

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
Man I do love '73 Corvettes. Looks great. :thumbsup:

However, after looking at the image for a while, my neck hurts. :smack

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
I'm gettin' the red X too. Wonder why some of us do and some don't? Congrats, anyway! I, too, am bonkers over '73's. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks, I gotta figure out how to post pictures again. Had it down a while back.

I stopped to get gas twice on the way home and the looks / comments / thumbs up people gave the car were pretty great. Also had a guy in a Jaguar pull up behind me when I was stopped commenting on the car. The older guy saying nice car is always good, but the younger kid looking at it (trying to look without you seeing him looking) the way we used to look at nice cars is still the best. You can see yourself 20 years ago.

The C6 always got comments, but this is more better.:partyon:

ElCid79, thanks for the spreadsheet!!!!! Once you figure it out excel is great. My skills are good, but yours are definitely more advanced than mine. I had Dave at The Corvette Shop (Dallas) go through the car with a fine tooth comb before I agreed to buy it. He gave me five pages of projects to work on so I will be using the spread sheet for sure.

Good thing was Rick at Corvettes of Dallas did most of the big stuff for me before I picked it up. I think they did between $2500 and $3000 worth of work on it for me. That included rebuilding the air conditioning and paint work. I didn't even have to ask them to do most of the work. They just took Dave's sheet and went to work (for the past three weeks).:thumbsup:

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If for some reason the pic on the post does not work, I have them in my album as well.

By the way, the C6 in the background is the one I sold to my neighbor about a year and a half ago. We are planning a pic of both vettes out in front of the houses, just have not got it done yet. Two best looking driveways in the neighborhood.:partyon:

·
Registered
300 Posts
Glad the spreadsheet is working out for you! I hope it's helpful. I love your new ride by the way. It is gorgeous.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Lookin good man! Welcome to the break-it-wrench-it club! These old cars can be a challenge, but just a blast to drive. :laughing:
:cheers:

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Rod75, I love it.

The only problem is figuring out which project will be the first!!!:partyon:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts