Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought the complete take out drivetrain from a wrecked 2000 WS6. I won't get it for a few weeks as I want to complete my new garage for space and then bring the car over and remove all engine and driveline related parts I want wiring and ECM included. The 6 speed will go in my car right away in the next few months then I'm going to build either a 408 or a 418 with the LS1 and it will swap into my car later. The complete LS drivetrain that is in my car now will end up in my Studebaker.
I'm really close to finishing my T-bucket so when it's a driver the Studebaker will come into the shop and be pulled apart. The new shop will be a place to park my Vette and my wife's bug with shelves for parts storage.

I'm really excited.:excited::excited::excited:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Badass! I can't wait to convert my car to a 6speed someday, how well will a T56 fit in these cars?

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Badass! I can't wait to convert my car to a 6speed someday, how well will a T56 fit in these cars?
I don't know yet!:laughing:
From what I've read it's not to much of a hassle but I'll have more info for you in the near future.

·
Premium Member
369 Posts
I want details on the New garage..
Yes, please and pics too! I live my garage fantasies vicariously through you guys as I work on my Corvette in my cow shed.

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I want details on the New garage..
It's not going to be anything special. 24x26 with 8' walls. 2 car garage door. It's main purpose will be to get my Vette and the bug out of the shop. What it's really going to do is free up tons of space in the shop. I'll post pics when it goes up. It's just going to be a metal building like my current shop.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Should have bought my Black tag ZF6 :D

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Should have bought my Black tag ZF6 :D
I don't want the hassle and expense of putting the ZF behind the LS the T56 comes there already plus with the deal I got on these parts I'm sure you would have kept your transmission.:laughing:

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
I don't want the hassle and expense of putting the ZF behind the LS the T56 comes there already plus with the deal I got on these parts I'm sure you would have kept your transmission.:laughing:
You dont understand! HAHAH At the this point with this trans its "ILL PAY YOU!" to take it away hahaha :D

·
Registered
60 Posts
Raid,

When you do this I would like to help if I can.:thumbsup:

I sure could use the experience to someday pull the 4+3 out of mine and do the swap.

You have helped me out so far on my car. I would like to return the favor.

·
DC Crew
53,220 Posts
I bought the complete take out drivetrain from a wrecked 2000 WS6. I won't get it for a few weeks as I want to complete my new garage for space and then bring the car over and remove all engine and driveline related parts I want wiring and ECM included. The 6 speed will go in my car right away in the next few months then I'm going to build either a 408 or a 418 with the LS1 and it will swap into my car later. The complete LS drivetrain that is in my car now will end up in my Studebaker.
I'm really close to finishing my T-bucket so when it's a driver the Studebaker will come into the shop and be pulled apart. The new shop will be a place to park my Vette and my wife's bug with shelves for parts storage.

I'm really excited.:excited::excited::excited:
:partyon:

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
If you will Pay someone to take it...lol

it is a Black tag right? I could use it for parts
Yeah! Black tag! I was asking 500... but at this point id take 300... I never put it on fleabay of CL... Even though Im sure it would sell there but I dont like dealing with random ppl...:crazy:

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeah! Black tag! I was asking 500... but at this point id take 300... I never put it on fleabay of CL... Even though Im sure it would sell there but I dont like dealing with random ppl...:crazy:
I can't believe noone on CF bought that, I'd give you $300 in a heartbeat if I needed it. It shouldn't be too bad to ship Jeff, easier than a hood.:laughing:

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
you should go ahead and rebuild the t-56 while its out, the synchros go bad after 100k. plus with the 418 it will eat it up fast.

i would replace the forks as well to stronger ones and cryro treat the parts thats what im doing.

I am going to get my T-56 for my ws-6 rebuild by tick performance.

Also check out the MGW shifter for f-bodys I bet it could be easiliy modifed to work on differnt positions. I have one in my car and its the best shifter I have ever owned, shortest throw garenteed on the market

1 - 20 of 20 Posts