Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
DC Crew
20,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let the wife drive the '85 home the other night while I picked up another car.

I've owned the car for... oh, four years now and have never once watched it on the road other than from inside the car.

Very cool to see my own car from a different perspective. Guess I had gotten used to how small the C4 actually is from the outside. It really hit me when I saw it next to other cars at the first traffic light.

Of course, it was great driving next to it to hear the idle and rev's. Louder than I realized, oops! It's those darn "Steve Hardy edition high-flow mufflers" I tell ya. Always great to watch the night time lights gleaming off the two-tone and red quadruple tail lights. Just a cool experience to see "what others see"...

The wife had a blast kicking my butt at the last traffic light though. :laughing: I got to hand it to her though, she looks way better in it than I do.

·
Premium Member
15,763 Posts
Damn, I ought to try that. :laughing:
What a concept, Let the wife drive the Vette without me in it:huh: :laughing:

·
DC Crew
4,823 Posts
It is cool to see and hear the Vette from the other prospective...I give my wife the keys pretty often just so I can watch the Vette drive off. She gets a kick out of driving it also, she's mentioned many times that she's never heard the radio because she enjoys listening to the Vette rumble :D

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,518 Posts
Damn, I ought to try that. :laughing:
What a concept, Let the wife drive the Vette without me in it:huh: :laughing:
I solved that problem. Wife doesn't drive a manual shift :laughing:

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
Yea it's pretty cool to watch your car go down the road. After I did my oil pan for the blower I had Dad drive mine home while I drove my truck and it's a cool car to watch in your mirrior.

·
DC Crew
9,475 Posts
My wife has her own set of Corvette keys, she has a garage key and she can drive a standard shift. She doesn't drive it very often but when she does she usually drives it like it should be driven!

·
DC Crew
20,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
90EXPVette said:
she's mentioned many times that she's never heard the radio because she enjoys listening to the Vette rumble
:D

After I did my oil pan for the blower I had Dad drive mine home while I drove my truck and it's a cool car to watch in your mirrior.
The way he tells it is since he let you use the lift, he was going to be the first to run to full boost.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Yeah, I got to experience that myself. I followed my girlfriend back from a car show last year. I rode with a friend of mine in his 1969 big block chevelle, and my girlfriend was driving the vette. I didn't realize just how good it looked and sounded going down the road. I have completely cleaned, polished and painted everything under my car. I also have added larger gold iridite sway bars, and gold iridite lower rear strut rods. Everything under my car matches the same theme as my engine conpartment. It is black, gold, and aluminum, with a touch of red.(the shocks) I really didn't think you could see under my car that well, but you can. I just ordered gold looking drilled and slotted rotors, and am painting my calipers red which should look good behind my wheels.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
:agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree:

Dan I think the wife should always get to drive the vette!!!!

Wendy

1 - 11 of 11 Posts