Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys...great news! im back in a vette again after about 2 months without it. i am now the owner of a black 2004 Z06. and i couldnt believe the power difference between it and my 99 coupe. its absolutely rediculous. The Z is crazy fast. almost retarded fast. and i have a question. It sounds good now, but if i leave the stock TI exhaust on it and run with no cats, will it sound good and be quite a bit louder? i like the way the stock exhaust sounds alot....i just need it to be louder. any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
Congrats...But like they say Loudness is in the ear of the beholder.....well maybe thats not what it was.. OH well you get the Idea...:D

·
Registered
121 Posts
running with cats is pointless IMO, usually they'll show a 1-2hp increase over a good high flow cat like a mangaflow and even though im far from a tree hugger :lookinup: its not worth it and beyond that its illegal in a lot of states if your car came with a cat

my suggestion would be to go with a high flow cat and look somewhere else for your sound increase... maybe a bypass tube for the mufflers ;)

·
DC Crew
53,220 Posts
Hey guys...great news! im back in a vette again after about 2 months without it. i am now the owner of a black 2004 Z06. and i couldnt believe the power difference between it and my 99 coupe. its absolutely rediculous. The Z is crazy fast. almost retarded fast. and i have a question. It sounds good now, but if i leave the stock TI exhaust on it and run with no cats, will it sound good and be quite a bit louder? i like the way the stock exhaust sounds alot....i just need it to be louder. any suggestions?
No cats will make it sound better... not really increase the volume much. But the exhaust "sound" will be cooler.

The best sound, hands down, and nothing sounds better, is headers with BB Bullets. If you want something close, just get the BB Bullets.

Congrats on the new Z. We love the DC Z so much we lovingly pound the **** out of it. It's so much fun!:partyon:

Right now I'm putting down 393 RWHP in it just from a Halltech Stinger, Halltech tune, and LG headers. You think your car is sick fast... just add 50 more HP to the mix. It's unleashed/crazy-fast.

·
Registered
36 Posts
The best sound, hands down, and nothing sounds better, is headers with BB Bullets. If you want something close, just get the BB Bullets.

more HP to the mix. It's unleashed/crazy-fast.

:agree: with Patrick:D

·
Registered
186 Posts
I don't have to do emissions for another 2 years, and I've been wanting to do the same. I'm going cats delete!
I have a Bassani Cat-Back Exhaust, and though it sounds a tad louder than my old Ti's, I still want it louder :D

·
Registered
255 Posts
i've got an 03 cpe and i did headers hi-flo cats, x-pipe, and tri-flo rout 66 exhuast and the sound is great, mellow when cruising, almost mustang sounding under throttle the key is the x-pipe imho. :partyon:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts