Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last fall, as time was approaching to put my vette away for the winter (was living in NW PA at the time), it started throwing the dreaded C1214 code more frequently until, eventually, it was coming up every time I turned her on. When I got it out this spring, first thing I did was use the nice write-up "The Bad" had posted on the DC forums to inspect the computers. I also replaced the battery with a shiny new Optima Red Top.

After tearing her apart, inspecting everything, cleaning what little corrosion was actually there, putting her back together, and replacing the battery, the problem persisted. I did some more research on DC and ended up purchasing a new EBCM from GMPartsDirect.com (~750 shipped as opposed to the 1200 from the dealer). Today I swapped out the old EBCM for the new one. Soon as I turned the key I knew it was worth it...no more codes!!! Car feels like new again.

Just wanted to give a big thanks to The Bad and everyone at DC for the collective information here. :cheers:

Only thing is I have another problem now...I think I inadvertantly caught the mod bug. After keeping the vette stock for the 2 years I've had her, I feel like now that I've done some work to her, I need to do some more. heeellllllpp :smack

·
Registered
414 Posts
Man, I know thats a load off your mind. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
6,667 Posts
Glad to here everyting is good now. How bad was the leak, any pics?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts