Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you know my Vette project moves at the rapid pace of a glacier. I buy parts as I can pay cash for them and with two kids in college, money is tight. My daughter just graduated from Baylor a few weeks ago and my son transfers to Baylor in the Fall. I started working on my Vette in 2002 so this is going into the 13th year. Hopefully with my daughter out of school and soon to be making her on way, I can afford to buy more parts.

My Vette is a '78 L48 and since it was not a special model, I decided to build it as a street bruiser big block. I am just about ready to drop the body back on the frame, hopefully in the next few months or so. (I work on it as I have time which is about as sparse as money right now) The theme of the Vette as it has been since the beginning is Aircraft. I have to be really careful to not cross the line into gaudy but keep it simple and authentic looking. With this in mind, I have been shopping for gauges that keep with that theme. I have finally found what I plan to use from Speedhut.

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
Nice choice.:thumbsup:

Reactions: matchframe

·
Premium Member
1,840 Posts
sure are purty, but i almost fainted when i saw the price. yikes!
Yea, I'm confused... is the price for the complete set including the speedo and tach? If so, not too bad really, and they do look nice. I like 'em better than most. In fact if I wasn't so bent on having the stock clocks this would def be a contender for me.
Good choice!

·
Super Moderator
9,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea, I'm confused... is the price for the complete set including the speedo and tach? If so, not too bad really, and they do look nice. I like 'em better than most. In fact if I wasn't so bent on having the stock clocks this would def be a contender for me.
Good choice!
Price is for the complete set

·
Super Moderator
9,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Speedhut makes quality gauges, in my experience. I had a pretty expensive oil pressure gauge from them in a prior car that I really liked.
I wondered about their quality. I have not known of anyone using their gauges. Good to hear that you liked them.

I shopped around for the look I wanted and Speedhut was the only ones I found that you can customize the look. I hate red needles over white backgrounds on gauges and seems like most every company only has red needles over white backgrounds. I almost settled on Stewart Warner because they have white needle over black background, but they were not exactly the look I wanted.

·
Super Moderator
9,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That is a good looking gauge. I'm beating my head against the wall trying to decide what gauges to put in my Hudson. I'm not there yet.:laughing:
One of the things that I really like about this set is the speedometer is GPS instead of driven from the trans. That was a big selling point for me.

I am thinking about looking for a different style from Speedhut for my '53 Chevy Wagon.

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
nice looking set of gauges, I am going to have to check out those GPS speed gauges since my speedo cable is broke. Probably easier than fixing it lol

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
I had not heard much about speed hut until recently and it seems like they are really taking off. I really like those you picked out and the price is really not bad when you consider an autometer GPS speedo alone is about half of what your whole set costs. :thumbsup:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts